Topic: Error Launching qet_tb_generator plugin

Hello,
        QElectroTech is a great program and seems easy to use - however I am struggling with the tb generator plugin.

I have tried installed versions and portable versions of QET, installed various versions of python, installed Visio complete with python, done all the pip install and python -m commands as listed on the error popup.

I am an admin user and have also ran dos box as admin - BTW PC is W10 1909 i5 CPU, 16Gb RAM and good SSD hard drive.

I have read the forum to try and resolve the issue and failed.

I would be grateful if some kind person could show me where i am going wrong.

Regards

Re: Error Launching qet_tb_generator plugin

Hi,

open the 0.8-dev ReadyToUse portable QET application and just put in the portable plugin qet_tb_generator.exe.
To check If you click on qet_tb_generator.exe it should get started, after launch plugin by QET menu.
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/builds/nightly/

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by Ghoster 2020-06-22 22:38:23)

Hi scorpio810,
                     Thanks for the speedy reply, I have removed all instances of Visio, python and QET files. Downloaded the portable from the nightly as suggested, I still receive the same pop up within QET when i try and Project>Launch the Terminal Block Creation Plugin
If I then double click on qet_tb_generator.exe I am faced with a larger box with the option to "create terminal blocks" as per 2nd error attachment, within the dos box shows an error as per attachment 3rd error. after closing and restarting I now receive errors as per attachments 1 & 2, then when clicking on create terminal blocks it pop up a box "Choose terminal blocks to generate" Accept. When I accept  attachment 2 error still remains. Attachment 3 will also show my directory path.

I guess I must be missing a step somewhere but dont understand where?

Post's attachments

1st error.JPG, 33.96 kb, 459 x 316
1st error.JPG 33.96 kb, 298 downloads since 2020-06-22 

2nd error

Post's attachments

2nd error.JPG, 126.74 kb, 742 x 720
2nd error.JPG 126.74 kb, 298 downloads since 2020-06-22 

3rd error

Post's attachments

3rd error.JPG, 30.42 kb, 672 x 160
3rd error.JPG 30.42 kb, 291 downloads since 2020-06-22 

6 (edited by Ghoster 2020-06-22 22:53:46)

This attachment give a view of the choose terminal blocks to generate popup

Hopefully this will identify what i am missing?

Post's attachments

4th error.JPG, 127.59 kb, 964 x 640
4th error.JPG 127.59 kb, 315 downloads since 2020-06-22 

For running plugin need a finished project. !

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Bonjour, j'ai le même problème, mais en plus je n'arrive pas à finaliser mon projet. Quand je choisit "projet construit" dans "numérotation auto =>management" que j'applique et que je fait OK cela ne finalise pas mon projet. Le plugin " terminal block se lance avec le guide d'installation et la fenêtre d'instructions. Quand je retourne dans "Propriétés du projet", à peine je les ais modifier, elle ne sont déjà plus comme je viens de les paramétrer

Hi all,

I did install the package qet-tb-generator in the path C:/Python39/Scripts/qet-tb-generator.
The environment variables are set correctly, but the programs seems that it cannot recognize the launching path.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I am having the same problems with the terminal generator as described in this thread.
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 866#p14866