Re: Ideas to solve Terminal Blocks creation

Hi guys ! The terminal generator is not creating the temporary folder. can you help me?

Hi,

which version of QET do you use 0.6 or 0.7-dev?
If you use the latest version 0.7 devel, you must try the latest Unalcalde Python plugin (qet_tb_1.0.6_alpha.py)   , it's the only one that works with version 0.7 (new dynamic text converter).
This plugin must be started with the python command for the moment, it copy your project to a new  file "your_project_name.qet.qet " and generate your terminals blocks in the "IMPORTED ELEMENTS" section of your new project .qet.qet file when you click on button create terminal block. 

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

Hi,

which version of QET do you use 0.6 or 0.7-dev?
If you use the latest version 0.7 devel, you must try the latest Unalcalde Python plugin (qet_tb_1.0.6_alpha.py)   , it's the only one that works with version 0.7 (new dynamic text converter).
This plugin must be started with the python command for the moment, it copy your project to a new  file "your_project_name.qet.qet " and generate your terminals blocks in the "IMPORTED ELEMENTS" section of your new project .qet.qet file when you click on button create terminal block.

I'm using stable V6. Running on w10.

154 (edited by unalcalde 2018-05-22 12:19:05)

Hi. I introduce the version 1.0.7.
Changes:
- modified to work with QET 0.6. So the version 0.6 and and 0.7-dev of QET can share the same terminal block plug-in.
- this plug-in is system independent. Don't need to know the installation path of QET or the path of the personal library folder.
- the "Config" tab allows select overwrite or not changes to the original QET project. A backup is always done.
- a label appears while the plug-in is generating the terminal block(s).

Please, check the plug-in. If all is ok, I'll upload this new version the the python pip repositories. Doing a "pip3 install qet_tb_generator --upgrade" will be enough to have the last version and if some library is needed, it will be auto installed.

To run the plug-in type in the command line there are 2 options:

python3 qet_tb_1.0.7.py <path_to_the_desired_qet_project>
python3 qet_tb_1.0.7.py

In the second case a file dialog appears to choose the QET project file.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon qet_tb_1.0.7.py 49.22 kb, 493 downloads since 2018-05-22 

unalcalde wrote:

Hi. I introduce the version 1.0.7.
Changes:
- modified to work with QET 0.6. So the version 0.6 and and 0.7-dev of QET can share the same terminal block plug-in.
- this plug-in is system independent. Don't need to know the installation path of QET or the path of the personal library folder.
- the "Config" tab allows select overwrite or not changes to the original QET project. A backup is always done.
- a label appears while the plug-in is generating the terminal block(s).

Please, check the plug-in. If all is ok, I'll upload this new version the the python pip repositories. Doing a "pip3 install qet_tb_generator --upgrade" will be enough to have the last version and if some library is needed, it will be auto installed.

To run the plug-in type in the command line there are 2 options:

python3 qet_tb_1.0.7.py <path_to_the_desired_qet_project>
python3 qet_tb_1.0.7.py

In the second case a file dialog appears to choose the QET project file.

If not ask too much. Could you make a quick video demonstrating this setup? Thank you.

gleissoncg2 wrote:

Hi guys ! The terminal generator is not creating the temporary folder. can you help me?

To make the terminal strip, searches for \'terminal\' elements that have a name like X<num>:<text> (e.g. X1:L1, X1:2, X2:+3,...).  

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi. I uploaded the version 1.0.10 to the python repositories.

[size=3]To use:
1. save the current project in QElectroTech
2. Open the plug-in (under Project menu)
3. Use the plug-in and generate the Terminal Blocks. In the CONFIG tab you can specify overwrite the changes to the same file project, or write to a new file. A backup is always done.
4. Reopen the project in QElectroTech.

[size=3]To install: 
Requires python 3.5 or above.

First install on Linux:
1. check if you have pip3 installed: pip3 --version.
   If not install with: sudo apt-get install python3-pip
2. Install the plug-in: sudo pip3 install qet_tb_generator
3. Run the plug-in directly (writing qet_tb_generator from the command line) or from the 'Project' menu in QElectroTech.

Update on Linux
1. sudo pip3 install --upgrade qet_tb_generator

First install on Windows
1. Install, if required, python 3.5 or above
2. Install the plug-in: python -m pip install qet_tb_generator

Update on Windows
python -m pip install --upgrade qet_tb_generator

@Scorpio: If possible,  add the full path of the current project as an argument when calling the plug-in from QET. If not a file dialog is showed to select the QET project.

I made the update in linux! Everything is OK ! Good job !

Hi, I uploaded new  qet-tb-generator version 1.0.10 deb packages of plug-in  in  PPA and QET Debian repository, please try it.

laurent@debian:~$ apt-rdepends qet-tb-generator    
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree        
Reading state information... Done
qet-tb-generator

Depends: python3:any (>= 3.3.2-2~)
python3:any

Revision: 5388
Author:   scorpio810
Date:     2018-06-07 15:48:12 +0200 (Thu, 07 Jun 2018)
Log Message:
-----------
Improve qet_tb_generator : add the full path of the current project as
an argument when calling the plug-in from QET if a project is open,
If not a file dialog is showed to select the QET project.

161 (edited by unalcalde 2018-06-09 13:13:06)

Hi, I checked calling the plugin from the last version of QET and works well.  Thanks.

I created the version 1.0.11, adding a new tab called 'HELP'.  A guideline helps to use the plugin. Any mistake, please say me.

To install/update, please read the post #157.

Hi, thanks.

I uploaded new deb packages for this new version of plug-in for Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc, guys.

0.6 PPA :
https://launchpad.net/~scorpio/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

0.7-dev PPA :
https://launchpad.net/~scorpio/+archive … rotech-dev

Also on QET Debian repository for Debian stable and unstable branch. 

Hi, version 1.0.13 launched.

When creating a terminal block that previously exists, appears several times under the collection tree (see the screenshot). Fixed.

To install/update, please read the post #15

https://image.ibb.co/ke4ULJ/1.png

Hi,
uploaded version 1.0.13  deb packages.

Hi. 

Jarosław Krysa wrote suggering me to fix a xref problem. The labels %M and  %LM were read its values from the NEW PAGE configuration in QElectrotech. The next version will read this values from every diagram page.

Are there some bug o something else to fix in the next version?
Thanks

How do I display a terminal with 'Jumper'?

Hi,
the plug-in of the QET version 0.6 allowed it, but the current version no.

For now, you can draw a line join the bridged terminals, but  I could add this functionality.
For that, what criteria should I follow?
  - Automatic draw a line I the terminals have the same name/number?
  - Or maybe draw the bridge line if the cable numbers of adjoining terminals are the same...

What is the best way?

On the table of the plugin ?

Hi,

for me, the best way is the second point " draw the bridge line if the cable numbers of adjoining terminals are the same" even if after "like me" user edit the terminal block element for minor adjustments.

On the table is a good idea. By default the terminals with same conductor name are marked as bridged, but you can easy mark and unmark any terminal as you desired.

Hi, I introduce the version 1.0.14. This version:

- Shows a new column called 'Bridge'. Right clicking on a cell of this column writes a '|'. This symbol means that this terminal will be 'bridged' with the next one.

- The cross references (xref) catches the Location and Plant values of the current (folio properties). The previous versions took this information from the project properties.

Check the image for more info:
https://image.ibb.co/k2bdPy/v1_0_14.png

To install/update check post #157

Hi,
uploaded version 1.0.14 deb packages. 

173 (edited by Calypso 2018-07-05 21:25:51)

Hello,
I need help with the installation of the terminal generator. I have been able to install and start an older version before. In the current version of the terminal generator, I can either not install or start it. Which steps are necessary for this? Have already tried the steps described here. My system is UBUNTU 18.04 and QElectrotech 0.7 the newest.

Best regards

Stebo

Now it's just perfect!

Hi Stebo,

if you use my PPA just uninstall old pip3 plugin install by

sudo pip3 uninstall qet_tb_generator

and install deb package by

sudo apt-get install qet-tb-generator