Topic: Traduction, manuals and QET internationalization.

Hello to every one.
After my presentation here
I paste our previous emails in this topic

2 (edited by marin.molina 2019-06-13 09:01:48)

Re: Traduction, manuals and QET internationalization.

El 07/06/2019 a las 13:45, laurent Trinques escribió:

Hi Julio,
you are welcome.
We need more time for find a proper solution to generate po files to translate
the Sphinx documentation.

Best regards,
Laurent

El 07/06/2019 a las 14:10, Fernando Mateu Palou de Comasema escribió:

Hi everybody,

I have not been able to work on documentation the last months because I have been send by my company to an steel plan from ArcelorMittal to manage the erection of some machines. We are working week and weekends and I do not fins hours to work on it at this moment.

the sphinx translation tool I do not like because the documentation of this project is dynamic, will change with the evollution of the project. For other side, woudl be nice to have also the photos in spanish. This means that the photos with text from Menus shoudl be changed from translation to translation. I would take the source fikles from en directory and I would make the same structure on es folder. Of course this is increasing the documentation size.

The first step can be learn sphinx if Julio is not used to work with it. He may can help us to find a different propose to manage translations. 

I am not expert but I can help him. Julio, you can as directly to me in Spanish, I live in Germany but I come from Spain.

Regards

El 07/06/2019 a las 15:21, laurent Trinques escribió:

Le vendredi 7 juin 2019, 14:10:44 CEST Fernando Mateu Palou de Comasema a
écrit :

... I would take the source fikles from en directory and I would
make the same structure on es folder. Of course this is increasing the
documentation size.

If I understand well, translators need to translate directly .rst files, and
can't generate pot and po files?
I make an es directory for that copied en files and change link in files

El 11/06/2019 a las 21:52, Fernando Mateu Palou de Comasema escribió:

Hello,
I am not sure if this is the better way but, at least, I know this way will work and will allow us to tranlate the texts and change some images according to the languaje.
I am open to many other alternatives if someone know how to manage in a different way.

El 12/06/2019 a las 0:05, Julio Marín escribió:

Hello again. 
Now I can't give any advice about alternative tools because it is my first time... nomicons/dizzy
But I'm trying to get info about KiCAD Spanish translation,  that it was done by a friend. 
Yesterday I read a little bit about Sphinx, and 
I would like to have a quick view of the state of the translation,  and even more important, about the Sphinx work flow for QET case. 
Fernando: I'll write you to ask you. 
I know that KiCAD uses git for the project an for this translation,  but no much more... 
In my "short" point of view,  KiCAD is a little bit more dynamic than QET,  and KiCAD uses the same number for the version of the software and for its respective translation version.
i. e.  "KiCAD 3.5.1" has its documentation at "KiCAD Manuals 3.5.1.pdf" Or similar. 
Is it enough to solve the "dynamism" of QET??

Hello
Has QET project a Open Source Account at Transifex?

Hello,
I think no if I remenber well, you could perhaps create it.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Transifex Team replay me:

Transifex offers an Open Source Program to Open Source projects that have no funding, revenue, and/or commercialization model. The intent is to support small and independent Open Source projects. If your project does not fall in this category, please contact us to discuss the appropriate pricing.
Open Source projects are ones with publicly available source codes licensed under an OSI-approved license, such as GPL or BSD. In order to translate an Open Source project on Transifex, you'll be asked to provide the following:

• A link to your project's code repository.

• The repository must contain a LICENSE file stating your project's license type.

For example, your project might be hosted on GitHub and have a LICENSE file stating that it's released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
One important thing to note is that even if your content or software is openly available or free to use, it doesn't mean it is Open Source. Projects are only Open Source if it has an OSI-approved license. If you're unsure, consult with a legal advisor.

Great ! it's the case. ;-)

svn checkout svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/qet/qet/trunk qelectrotech_trunk

https://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/listing.ph … me=qet/qet

License is GPL V2 or later.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

Hello,
I think no if I remenber well, you could perhaps create it.

QET Open Source Transfiex account created!

Post's attachments

Captura Creación Proyecto QET en Transifex.png, 85.47 kb, 1159 x 1424
Captura Creación Proyecto QET en Transifex.png 85.47 kb, 443 downloads since 2019-06-22 

Nice, thanks Julio. nomicons/smile

I synced Fernando dropbox on QET download area, I have started a manual branch on QET subversion, but isn't uptodate.

https://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/listing.ph … 8425807cb4 

13 (edited by marin.molina 2019-06-22 23:26:57)

Laurent, then Sould I use these files as source for the "possible and future" nomicons/smile  target spanish doc translations?

Julio, I will see to synced Fernando work on Subversion documentation branch.
Is dificult for Fernando to commit changes on Subversion because is on MS Windows.

Edit: you can now, I can't merged files, because a lot of changes, also I prefer to delete all and added news source folder, build folder isn't useful on Subversion, I think.

svn checkout svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/qet/qet/branches/documentation

Enjoy ! nomicons/smile

Fernando and Laurent.
I am only thinking, not sure if it is possible, the workflow could be:

1. I put all files or only /Documentation, in a repository on GitHub.

2. Sincyn GitHub with ReadtheDocs.

3. Sincyn ReadtheDocs with Transiex.

4. Translate _es, _de and _fr at Transiex with a team.

5. ...

6. ...

What do you think about

Julio, I reverted my previous commit and restore build directory:
svn merge -c -5930 ^/branches/documentation

If Max can convert it to Github QElectroTech.

Hi,

In reference on how to proceed on the documentation, using my short experinece on sphinx I would like to expose my opinion.

Option 1: Using function gettext from sphinx (.pot files)

This option I like when a manual is ready and should be tanslated. Today QElectroTech documentation is not ready, the documentation is in continuous development.

This function collects all translatable strings except the text from the screenshots of QElectroTech. For the user would be nice if the screeshots from the different menus and messages are also on the language form the manual.

Option 2: Using one sphinx "project" for all languages (.rst files)

Sphinx can generate problems if the tree is too long. After some language we may have some problems when we build the manual.

This option allows dividing the screenshots in two different ways to reduce the documentation size, icons and images which will be common for all languages and menu screenshots which will be different for each language.

Option 3: Using a different sphinx "project" for each language (.rst files)

This option means one project for each language, all of them with the same structure. The size of the documentation will be bigger than the rest of options. The management of this propose will may not be easy if the team is big, each language may will be develloped different without a master.

At this option, the php code from the QET web which is in development will manage the project language which should be displayed.

Regarding to the platform which should be used for the documentation, is there any repository platform where the modification of files can be made using only the Internet navigator? On person is responsible of managing the build source but all the rest of the team can modify the source fiels locally or using the navigator. I know github as option.

As propose, EPLAN help system has a nice documentation interface. Learning how the toctree can be exported and readed by php file to generate a dynamic tree would be nice. Generating a sphinx template is also an option. I still do not know how a sphinx template can be made.

Hi, 

I think Github is a better choice for Windows users they can participate easily on documentation translation than QET SVN.

Fernando, you could compare with documentation created by Arun for version 0.4.
GIT source :
https://git.tuxfamily.org/qet/documentation.git/tree/

English
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/j … ET_ru.html

Russian
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/j … l/QET.html

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/joshua/html/

Fernando, I think you could ask Arun for helping.
Arun's a very nice guy, and he know well Sphinx.

Yes, Lauren, I have github.
https://github.com/juliomarinmolina
Should I fork your doc repo??

No Julio I can add you.

Laure, I have github profile

https://github.com/fdomateu