Topic: Manage terminals

Hello,

i using QE since a few weeks. It is very usefull for me to draw circuit diagramms from my house-automation and some drawings of the plant and machines from my best friend who have a small metallworking company.

first question: is there an option to manage the terminals more comfortable? It is in my opinion very cumbersome to label and arrange terminals. My idea goes to an export/import option or to a direct editing method via popup-window.

second question: is there an option for direct labeling the connection from contacts (13-14, 23-24 for N.O, 11-12 for N.C) ? How can i transfer the labels of the contacts to the contact-table which is near the coil placed?

Many thanks for great work

Best regardings from Bavaria/Germany

erga

2 (edited by Nuri 2017-01-06 11:05:19)

Re: Manage terminals

hello Erga,

at the moment there is no convenient way to easier manage terminals. This will be surely made in a further version of QET (0.6 or 0.7...).

To your second question:
I have created some NO and NC contacts where the user can directly edit the terminal descriptions (13:14, 11:12...).
Look at the attached files.
You can not "transfer" the descriptions (13:14...) in the contact mirror (Kontaktspiegel) near the coil. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon auxiliary_contacts_with_cross_ref_functionality.zip 2.5 kb, 447 downloads since 2017-01-06 

Hello piceaabis
The terminal numbers of symbols can only be entered or changed in the drawing.
I believe a direct transfer of the terminal numbers of contacts into the contact table is not possible. You can create your own icons for a contact mirror with reference.

Best regards

Stebo

Hello,

thank you for answers

@Calypso: How to create my own contact mirror, have you some short information?

Best regards

piceaabies

5 (edited by Calypso 2017-01-06 19:43:30)

Hello
First you create an element for the contact mirror (contact NO), insert a label and as a component property incoming filing reference.
For the contact in the plan you create an element add a label and as a component property outgoing foil reference. In the plan, you can use them as references from conductors.
I'm trying to make a screen photo. The video is too big

Best regards

Stebo

Edit: The relay coil has no relationship with the contacts. Only the references are connected to the elements

Post's attachments

Kontaktspiegel.png, 60.12 kb, 955 x 568
Kontaktspiegel.png 60.12 kb, 410 downloads since 2017-01-06 

Calypso wrote:

Hello
First you create an element for the contact mirror (contact NO), insert a label and as a component property incoming filing reference.
For the contact in the plan you create an element add a label and as a component property outgoing foil reference. In the plan, you can use them as references from conductors.
I'm trying to make a screen photo. The video is too big

Best regards

Stebo

Edit: The relay coil has no relationship with the contacts. Only the references are connected to the elements

I can't create a component as incoming/outgoing foil reference without having a connection in the component. See attached screenshot. Is this right?

Best regards
piceaabies

Post's attachments

QEL_failure_foilref.png, 19.23 kb, 798 x 488
QEL_failure_foilref.png 19.23 kb, 402 downloads since 2017-01-06 

7 (edited by Calypso 2017-01-06 22:04:10)

Hello
The element needs a terminal that is the red bars. The terminal is only an insertion point for this element to store it

Best regards
Stebo

Post's attachments

terninals.png, 35.96 kb, 751 x 635
terninals.png 35.96 kb, 387 downloads since 2017-01-06 

@Calypso : if you create a video for helping Piceaabies, you could send me this by email, I could put this on download area and add a link for viewing it on the forum.

I limit your upload size because my quota on this web server is very limited, I have more space on download server.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

9 (edited by Calypso 2017-01-06 22:19:29)

Hello
OK the video is now small enough

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Element contact mirror.webm 1.17 mb, 2010 downloads since 2017-01-06 

Hello
If the video is too big then you can move or link it?

Best regards

Stebo

Calypso wrote:

Hello
OK the video is now small enough

Thank you,

video is very usefull. Everything fine!

Best regards

piceaabies