Topic: Export DXF

Hello. In version 0.7 I could Export to dxf and open the drawing in Autocad. With 0.8, 0.9 & 1.00 this does not work. It seems the file is created as seen in Windows Explorer, however, if I try to open it Autocad opens with a prompt on the screen almost like it is expecting a value. If I press Enter then the prompt disappears and the screen is blank. I have also tried to open the files in Turbocad but it will not open. I downgraded Qelectro Tech to version 0.7 and the export worked but I have drawings saved in version 1.00 and now they wont open because of the newer version. Anyone else having this problem or know of a way to solve this.

Re: Export DXF

Tried with current version QET 0.10dev:
A dxf-file is created what LibreCAD can open and it looks quite o.k.

Post's attachments

Bildschirmfoto_dxf-export.png, 47.96 kb, 1140 x 853
Bildschirmfoto_dxf-export.png 47.96 kb, 9 downloads since 2024-06-10 

Fragen zu QET gehören in dieses Forum und werden nicht per PM beantwortet! – Questions regarding QET belong in this forum and will NOT be answered via PM! – Les questions concernant QET doivent être posées sur ce forum et ne seront pas traitées par MP !

@Andy: what your OS?

Edit: just tried on macOS with 0.100-dev and libreCad=DXF export OK..

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi. My OS is Win 11 Pro 64 bit. I have downloaded Librecad and it works perfectly. Thanks

Hello Andy.nx,

I'm just curious:
Why do you need the proprietary format "dxf" if it doesn't seem to matter which software you can open it with?
Then perhaps free formats (SVG) that can be further processed with free software (Inkscape) could also be considered?

Fragen zu QET gehören in dieses Forum und werden nicht per PM beantwortet! – Questions regarding QET belong in this forum and will NOT be answered via PM! – Les questions concernant QET doivent être posées sur ce forum et ne seront pas traitées par MP !

What concerns me is that closed-source software cannot read QET DXF export files, whereas open-source solutions can.
Where is the problem, and why 0.7 version can?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."