Re: New .dxf to .elmt Conversion Program

Hello Hamish,

thank you for your support.

I think your MAC is an Intel processor so x86_64, now Apple is releasing an Apple silicon chip "M1, M2, M3" it's like your smartphone an ARM64 chip so the code compiled on X86_64 doesn't work directly but emulated with roseta 2 the code can work more slowly with sometimes bugs, on the other hand the code compiled on arm64 environment can't work on an intel processor...

So use https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/b … .0/osx_64/ on Intel Mac.

Best regards
Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I have tried installing the windows executable. I unzip the file, run the program, click "install anyway" to the windows security message. When I try importing a DXF into the Element Editor it still says "Third party software required". The installation folder is empty.

QElectroTech V 0.90+c7891bc4cb0a58100c957a06d79751d3
Compilation : GCC 11.3.0
Built with Qt 5.15.7 - x86_64 - Date : Jan 6 2023 : 12:55:49
Run with Qt 5.15.7 using 16 thread(s)
CPU : NAME 11TH GEN INTEL(R) CORE(TM) I7-11800H @ 2.30GHZ
RAM Total : 16 GB
RAM Available : 8 GB
GPU : VideoProcessor Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
GPU RAM : RAM Total : AdapterRAM 1073741824 4293918720 B
OS : winnt - x86_64 - Version : Windows 10 Version 2009 - Kernel : 10.0.22621
*** Qt screens ***
( 1 : 1920 x 1080 )

I'm only on Linux, so I can't really help you with Win problems, but:
Neither program really needs to be "installed".

dxf2elmt is a command line software and is called like this:

dxf2elmt DXF-Drawing.dxf

A corresponding *.elmt file is then created.

DXFtoQET is a program with a graphical user interface and does not have an integrated installation program: This only needs to be copied to the "appropriate" location.

Smurfeous wrote:

I have tried installing the windows executable. I unzip the file, run the program, click "install anyway" to the windows security message. When I try importing a DXF into the Element Editor it still says "Third party software required". The installation folder is empty.

QElectroTech V 0.90+c7891bc4cb0a58100c957a06d79751d3

https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 112#p17112

achim wrote:

Hi Joel

C:\Users\"user"\Application Data\qet\binary
I think you have to create the folder by yourself

Achim

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hello, I have an issue with the dxftoelmt converter. When I try to import an dxf file through  the create new element tool and it shows that I have to download but when I click on the button it gets me to this url :

https://github.com/antonioaja/dxf2elmt/releases

But it seems like the page is broke or something 'cause the website cannot be accessed.

The link works fine for me!
Do you have any speacial settings set in your browser?
Or maybe a browser-plugin prevents this site from loading?

57 (edited by xenotek 2024-02-02 13:58:37)

I have been trying out the dxf2elmt plugin. I am using QCad that creates R15 version dxf file.

When I import the converted elmt, the lines are thin and with no text. I started to play around with with different things.

About Text
Using QCad, the text has to be simple type, then the converter imports the text. Only problem is that the all text is placed on the element hot spot. The dxf file contains the text coordinates, so the converter may be missing it. The text x and y attribute values are set to 0

About Lines
The imported lines are thin. I see in the importer source code that it looks for line weight > 0.5 to create the line-weight:normal attribute in the elmt file. My line thickness is set to 0.53mm, QCad saves this 0.53 value as 53 (0.53 x 100), so the importer misses it.

DXF sample

LINE
AcDbEntity
53   line weight
ByLayer
AcDbLine

Are these dxf version related issues?
Are there workarounds?

Attached the dxf for reference,

Thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon no.dxf 27.13 kb, 23 downloads since 2024-02-02