Topic: can't move device, because fields overlaying it

Hi there!

Sometimes I would like to move a device, e.g. a terminal.
You have to left click and hold on the right spot to move.

But a terminal is a small device, you have only little, tiny spots to click for move. Some other spots, you can start to draw a wire.
And if you have a text label near (overlaying partly the device), you can't reach "moving" spots.
So you have to move the label, then move the device, then move the label back.

Is there a possibility to click through the "layers" of overlaying labels, device, "wirepoints" to reach the right spot/grap.

I don't know how to name it "spot", "grap", "grap area" ....?

In other programs, if you click left to one area, and there are more overlying "things", you can click with right through all possibilities, click left second time if the right "thing" is highlighted, then you can edit, move... this.

Is there such a trick in this program?

Thank you!

using on Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Re: can't move device, because fields overlaying it

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/m … lbar-depth
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/manual_0.7/build/_images/qet_toolbar_depth.png

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by Aleksandr 2023-10-11 14:18:48)

By and large, text editing is not really necessary right away on the project sheet. Here we would have to take a conceptual approach. All element texts can be edited in the element properties. And after pressing Enter there should be a reaction from the OK button. This is much faster than looking for a mouse on the table and clicking OK. And if you need a line break, do it via Ctrl+Enter. You can also put a hidden symbol, like in LibreOffice (¶), to make it clear that there is a line break in the text. In general, there are many places where you could make a reaction to Enter by clicking on the OK button. I don’t really know how easily this is available in Qt. In general, this rule comes from programmers a long time ago. If you work on the keyboard, then it’s faster to finish the work from the keyboard than to look for the mouse. Pressing TAB multiple times doesn't help much.

I support the request but would specify a bit more:
the "Enter" key gets the same function as the <Apply> button on any popup.

Where there is an <OK> button I think the "Enter" key works.

This would indeed make work a lot faster.

Always using the latest development version

Yes, exactly “apply”.