Topic: Reference and Label overlapping

Hi All,

I have an issue that I cannot work out. When using contacts with references. They work fine when the Contact is referenced to a coil. The label will be in the middle right of the Contact and the reference to the coil will be to the top right.

But when I try reference the contact to a overload the Label and reference will overlap each other. If I try move the position of the labe then the reference will follow and still overlap.

Can someone please advise how to sort this out?

Post's attachments

Overlapping Label.jpg, 373.66 kb, 1157 x 791
Overlapping Label.jpg 373.66 kb, 82 downloads since 2022-09-28 

Re: Reference and Label overlapping

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/text_display_protection_fix.png

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by jvrijn 2023-04-08 08:09:26)

The suggested solution is not helping.

The setting for "coil" and "Organ of protection" are the same. The only way I have been able to adjust the reference for an overload is to select "coil". So for some reason the location for de "Organ of protection" (protection unit) reference is wrong defined in the software, because I have not been able to find where I am able to change this.

Kind regards Johan

jvrijn wrote:

The suggested solution is not helping.

The setting for "coil" and "Organ of protection" are the same. The only way I have been able to adjust the reference for an overload is to select "coil". So for some reason the location for de "Organ of protection" (protection unit) reference is wrong defined in the software, because I have not been able to find where I am able to change this.

Kind regards Johan

Not sure if the following will or can help you. Or maybe I understand you wrongly.

You can adjust the setting in the selection inspector under the text tab; there you see text offsets and you can adjust those.

I did copy an element and did create a new one as a base for further adjustment; just did adjust the text offsets to have then under each other with or without border. Maybe you can do the same for your coil.

HTH

QElectroTech V 0.100.0-dev - iMac macOS Monterey 12.6.3 - MacMini macOS Ventura

5 (edited by jvrijn 2023-04-15 09:03:15)

Hello HTH,

When you look at the enclosed picture, you will see three Xrefs, all 3 have a different distance to the label text.
Can you please show me how/where I can change the distance of the Xref. As far as I understand this location is fixed.
Only when I change a symbol from "organ of protaction" to "coil" the Xref has a different location.

Greetings Johan

Post's attachments

XrefLocation.png, 15.65 kb, 504 x 366
XrefLocation.png 15.65 kb, 52 downloads since 2023-04-15 

Hi,

send your project.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

7 (edited by rvamerongen 2023-04-18 17:22:49)

HTH means Hope this helps nomicons/wink

Okay
Right Click on your element
Choose edit element
Choose Tab Text
Open the Disclosure's |>
Search for your text or formula; found it? Then check and change your offset settings.

You can also edit the original one from the default collections; first 'save as copy' then edit your Text Fields.

To save your own element; first right click on your Element - Own Colection and add a folder; Little bit puzzling because sometimes it accepts No Uppercase in the name.

BTW, My way - I do copy them, the element manually using the OS system ( search for the default elements path);
I created in lowercase in QET under User Collections all the folder names that I need
then I did copy, using the OS system, all the elements that I will need into those folders.
In QET do a reload 'Collections'
Edit ( right click ) the elements under 'my Collections' to my/your needs.

Don't forget the 3 menu items under the Edit Menu ( in the Element editor ); I do not remember right now how they are named, but if you look into the edit menu, you will know which one.
Naming e.c.t take time for this.
Its not very intuitive but you can figure it out.

Hope this Helps

RvA

QElectroTech V 0.100.0-dev - iMac macOS Monterey 12.6.3 - MacMini macOS Ventura

Hi RvA,

Following your instructions doesn't show me the text/formula for the Xref.

Right Click on your element
Choose edit element
Choose Tab Text
Open the Disclosure's |>

So I have inculded the project with an example "problem".
on page 4 you'll find a conector (top,right) that has xref to a device on page 2.
Please enlighten me how to fix this ;-)

Greetings Johan

Post's attachments

Attachment icon TestQElectro.qet 671.6 kb, 58 downloads since 2023-04-19 

Like:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon TestQElectro.qet 699.59 kb, 63 downloads since 2023-04-19 

You mix sub type ....2QM8 isn't a coil!
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/error_type.png

Hi RvA,

So it looks like you have made a change to the design you have added to the post.(first attachment)
So I am very interested in what you have done in the design to get the Xref location in the right place.

Your remark about using the wrong sub type. I have done this as a workaround for the Xref being in the wrong location.
When I understand how I can change the Xref location I will change it back.

So please show/ explain to me how/where you have changed the offset of the Xref.

Greeting Johan

Post's attachments

ScrShot1.png, 38.16 kb, 430 x 309
ScrShot1.png 38.16 kb, 47 downloads since 2023-04-20 

ScrShot2.png, 84.25 kb, 833 x 292
ScrShot2.png 84.25 kb, 54 downloads since 2023-04-20 

See picture

in the menu project settings, new folios menu, cross-references tab :

You have 3 types in the list menu which is framed in red on the image, coil, protective device and switch switch,
select the right type and define where the references will be placed.

You can select a different position according to its 3 types, is it complicated?
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/text_display_protection_fix.png

Now if you want to connect an auxiliary contact to a protective device you must choose a protection type slave contact which is not the case in your project, the auxiliary protection contacts have the drawing of the protection drawn and and their types are defined.

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/error_type2.png

Ok, for a new design putting in the settings I understand the explanation you have given.

Let's say I have made this mistake in an existing project is there a way to fix this somewhere, I have already changed the setting in the projectsettings but that doesn't set the Xref right for the existing contacts.

For your explanation of using the correct reference contacts totally clear thank you.

Johan