Topic: Critical error

Good day. I'm having problems with the project. I periodically get an error, it closes the project and completely removes it. And more than the project is not possible to revive. Photos in the app.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Error.png 291.91 kb, 99 downloads since 2019-04-20 

Re: Critical error

The only thing that saved me is that I make several copies of my projects.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Error3.png 128.35 kb, 102 downloads since 2019-04-20 

Good day Modicon and thanks for report it,

I think your project use so many pictures added which can perhaps cause issue.
I have a big slowdown sometime even on my big machine when  I'm looking your project.
Pictures added on project is converted to base64 and this increase so big your project file.

A base64 encoding defect is that the total weight of the image increases by an average of 50%.

If you can a good way is to use only low weight images, or use element editor to create this pictures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I think we need to learn a new format to store pictures in future versions in project file.
https://www.davidbcalhoun.com/2011/when … en-not-to/

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Thanks for the answer. It worries me that after this error, the project no exists. He is removed and there is no possibility to return it.File size is set to zero.

Even with latest 0.7-RC1?

Nice project. nomicons/smile

Nothing in this directory?

C:\Users\ your_username\AppData\Local\stalefiles\QElectroTech

[font=ProximaNova, Arial, sans-serif][size=3] I have another interesting problem. If I add my panel from the library  on page. I save the project,close. And when I open a project, the program deletes this panel. Every time.nomicons/blink  [/font]

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Test1.png 148.2 kb, 99 downloads since 2019-04-21 

I reduced the size of my project. See if there will again be this error. But the problem with removing the panel from the project remains.

God day scorpio.
I understand the problem mainly arises from the fact that a lot of large-sized images and the project begins to slow down. But I do not understand why he deletes the project with this error. It makes the size of the project equal to zero. And there is no way to restore it. I sent you an example of two projects. One before the error and second after.

Same thing, here !
After a use clean project, save and reload project, add again Magelis HIM and QET crash too, strange.
Now add again Magelis HIM, save, but this item not appear again when I launch program and your project.

I deleted this panel, then I recreated it, but the problem remained the same. I guess I broke the program.nomicons/grin What do you recommend me to do? nomicons/rolleyes I think this is magic.

I deleted it from that folder I created in another one and then put it back in this folder. Then now it is saved in the project.

Nice, thanks. nomicons/smile

I added your refreshed element, but very strange .........
I examined quickly previous element XML and didn't find the cause of problem.

Good day.
The problem with the error and the removal of the project remained. So my advice is to make a copy of the project. :'(

16 (edited by Joshua 2019-04-23 21:21:18)

modicon wrote:

I have another interesting problem. If I add my panel from the library on page. I save the project,close. And when I open a project, the program deletes this panel. Every time.nomicons/blink

Ok for this bug, I found it.
Until I fix it (and even after, they will be better), for the elements who disappear when you open a project, open the element in the element editor, and for every terminal check if they position x and y are integer if not (for exemple x=1.02 y=10) move the element without holding the ctrl key, the terminal will be automatiquely snapped to the grid, and so have integer position.

For the other bug wich cause the lost of your project, the crash occur when you do special thing or totaly randomly ?

Développeur QElectroTech

Good evening Joshua.

Randomly. Last time happened today, when I wanted to do print project.I have a problem like christophe.lemaitre. In his topic, I attached a photo that happens to the project after this error.

Did you see here if there is some files ?
C:\Users\ your_username\AppData\Local\stalefiles\QElectroTech

After a crash when you start again QElectroTech, did a dialog ask you to open a recovery file ?

Développeur QElectroTech

The first time I was lucky that two projects were opened at once. I was able to restore it through the second project. After that, I began to make copies of the project.

Post's attachments

error-delete.png, 76.21 kb, 1149 x 261
error-delete.png 76.21 kb, 255 downloads since 2019-04-23 

As I wrote at the beginning. After this error, the size of the project becomes zero. I understood, that this problem is not only me.

You could see in this directory :

C:\Users\Carugin\AppData\Local\stalefiles\QElectroTech

Checked appdata folder and there is no stalefiles folder. 
Event viewer shows this critical error code "0xc0000005" on app crash.

My setup is i7-7600k/16gb ram and windows7pro 64bit and just noticed that I have service pack 1.

Ok, it isn't a bad machine, strange!

Today I worked all day with the program. There were no errors.As for the directory, I cannot find this folder anywhere.:)Maybe I already became blind.

Post's attachments

folder.png, 104.32 kb, 1037 x 756
folder.png 104.32 kb, 241 downloads since 2019-04-24 

You started well your Carugin session, and not a public user?
I tried on Win10, Win7, ReadyToUse and installer and I always saw stalefiles\QElectroTech when a project is loaded.

Edit : stalefiles folder on Users/User_name AppData Local exist only on 0.7-Rc1, not in 0.6X versions.