1 (edited by Morganol 2018-01-31 22:11:11)

Topic: 0.6 RC4 issues

Hi again.  Long time no see.
Have not been drawing anything for long time (mostly repairing things), but next week i will use your nice program again!
I read the thread on 0.7 and love the progress there, nice work nomicons/smile

0.7 seem too fresh for production use in my case, so i went for the latest 0.6
From 0.6 branch using svn i got revision 5223
I complied and run it using QtCreator.
System: Mageia Cauldron (development of Mageia 7), kernel 4.14.15, Qt 5.9.3, Plasma 5.11.95 running on X (not Wayland)
Machine: Thinkpad T400, dual core, Intel graphics, resolution 1280x800

I love the new icons, beautiful nomicons/smile

Quickly i see a couple problems, are they known? :

§1: Clicking menu Configuration -> Configurer QElectroTech:  The dialogue window is higher than screen, so OK and Cancel buttons are not visible.  Workaround: the window can not be resized by dragging it its corner or sides (why not?) but fortunately i can double click the frame to maximise it, or drag it to left or right to make it cover full height but half width of screen.  This is in Plasma, 800 px screen height.  Maybe better or worse on other desktops, and maybe worse on smaller screen?

§2: I can select language, and after close and restart it shows the new language in that dropdown, but menus are always still in French...

BTW, is there a way to make it auto-select system language at first launch?
First time the language select box is empty, so it can detect when it is not manually configured.

Re: 0.6 RC4 issues

Hi,

From 0.6 branch using svn i got revision 5223
I complied and run it using QtCreator.

§2: I can select language, and after close and restart it shows the new language in that dropdown, but menus are always still in French...

I think you have forgotten the lang path argument.
https://qelectrotech.org/wiki_new/doc/q … executable

Example : if my working directory is in  /home/laurent/trunk/

--common-elements-dir=/home/laurent/trunk/elements --lang-dir=/home/laurent/trunk/lang  --common-tbt-dir=/home/laurent/trunk/titleblocks

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img/arguments.png

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Re: 0.6 RC4 issues

Thank you for the quick reply.
I did not enter this on my old install, so it then obviously used the old configuration file that was created at an installation.
Do we have a list of all things that can be set in the config file and command line for QETv0.6 ?

BTW one missed word in english translation: When it loads a drawing is displays a progress message saying i.e "23 sur 51" instead of "23 of 51"