Topic: Master/slave without contacts - link label over pages

Is there a way to split an element over pages? A I/O PLC module would be a good example. A 32 module, split on 4 pages, having the first instance set as master... the purpose is to keep the same label for all 4 instances.

Right now I will try to work around it by implementing the first instance as master, set it as coil, and have the next parts of the module as slaves - switch/contact type.

Re: Master/slave without contacts - link label over pages

Have you picture to explain more what you want to do ?

3 (edited by Morganol 2017-08-03 16:35:36)

I do like that.  In your case i would make a master element that only contain the common part like power supply and communications interface.  And then slave element for the I/O ports.  (this is much like logic IC are commonly handled in electronic CAD: one symbol for power, and another symbol for the individual gates.  One difference is that those programs are built for it and handles it more elegantly)

Another case i have been experimenting with is to have a fluid valve as master, and as slaves to it i link the actuator (can be pneumatic or electric), and optionally also position sensor(s).  Very neat and tidy, avoids a lot of wiring mess.

Here's an example of what I have - a DI module that needs to be split on two pages. I would like the label to be the same on both pages for this module, being formed as page number - prefix - column - line. The name format is easy to implement, but on the second page, the page number is different. If I write the page number for the second module part as direct numbers, then it won't be dynamic anymore.

Just wondering if there was a way to link these modules with a common label property without having to go with a master/slave approach. The master/slave approach can add NO/NC contacts to the page... not quite the correct approach in this case.

http://sgmihu.com/external/images/20170804%20-%20qet/qet_master_slave.JPG\

gabe wrote:

Here's an example of what I have - a DI module that needs to be split on two pages. I would like the label to be the same on both pages for this module, being formed as page number - prefix - column - line. The name format is easy to implement, but on the second page, the page number is different. If I write the page number for the second module part as direct numbers, then it won't be dynamic anymore.

What do you mean about "dynamic" ? If you change folio number of the first part (on 35 in the exemple), label of second part don't change ? That's it ?
Today, no link exist between to element without xref draw like contact. It sould be interesting, I have the problem too. It should be interesting to link 2 parts of double analogic sensor, or for PLC card, to link layout and details.

Yes, correct on the dynamic part.

Correct on the second part - would be nice to have the specs one time and link parts of the element if needed based on some kind of element ID.

If only for two elements you could use report property for that !
Like my PLC I/O reports hack.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Report don't link label, only position...