1 (edited by Morganol 2016-10-28 10:20:50)

Topic: I get the drawing "in my face" when i double click referencing... :)

The referencing in folio referencing symbols are double-clickable, and that takes you to the linked element immediately.
That is very nice nomicons/cool

But it is zoomed in so it is hard to what is around it- i have to manually zoom out every time...

Could it be changed so page is it fit to screen instead?

The element on case is highlighted anyway by that big blue dot so easy to find, and if i see whole page i see directly what it is about.

A change would of course be democratically decided.

...and then, can you also make references in cross referenced Master and Slaves be clickable and work alike?nomicons/cheerful

Pleease? <3

And, all mentionned links in this post, also clickable in pdf export.  Would be reeeally professional to give such "active" documentation to customer!nomicons/w00t

Re: I get the drawing "in my face" when i double click referencing... :)

...and then, can you also make references in cross referenced Master and Slaves be clickable and work alike?
Pleease? <3

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Yes they are clickable in the dialog, but i wish them to be clickable directly on schematic, like the conductors referencing elements reflinks are nomicons/smile

...and then, can you also make references in cross referenced Master and Slaves be clickable and work alike?20x20
Pleease? <3 

I agree they will be better, but they need a lot of work, and for the moment we focus on big missing features.
This kind of detail will be fixed after big features, or when QElectroTech get more developeur.

And, all mentionned links in this post, also clickable in pdf export.  Would be reeeally professional to give such "active" documentation to customer!20x22

I already thought about this.
QET use a ready made "export to pdf" class provided by Qt framework.
For use link between Xref in pdf (and more, like summary, bill of éléments ect....), we must to write our own pdf export, and this is a very big work.
Like I say upper, we focus on big missing feature

Développeur QElectroTech

Great, i am looking forward to it.
I do know what you mean about a lot work is needed.

Do we have a list of planned features, and is it kept updated?

---

Just an idea instead of writing a whole new pdf export function:
Still use the Qt provided one, and in its output file replace the text with links?
Could work if all xref are exported like @12F7 ; @ indicates it should be a link, in this case to page 12

... the link need not contain coordinate (F7) just landing on the right page is enough for the user who clicks the link and he can read the coordinate himself...

Just a quick idea, it probably need more thinking!

---

Back to the topic of headline:
When i double-click a folio ref link text i am taken to that location - awsome nomicons/smile
But IMO it is too much zoomed in.
I would prefer zoomed to fit page in screen so we see whole page, and directly see all cirquit around it.
The element is already marked with blue dot so easy to spot.
But that may be very personal and "only me"

I would prefer zoomed to fit page in screen so we see whole page, and directly see all cirquit around it.

No, that's why to zoomed in !

https://qelectrotech.org/wiki_new/roadmap

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

No

Ah you are correct, i mixed up, sorry

, that's why to zoomed in !

that is good then nomicons/smile

https://qelectrotech.org/wiki_new/roadmap

Yes i have seen it nomicons/smile  google know more french than I, but I still do not understand everything.

Johua/Scorpio: could you add the link ideas and pdf link ?

Mirroring in element editor was something i was going to ask nomicons/smile
Even better, could mirroring be implemented in schema editor, so elements could be mirrored?
==> No need to do two variants of angled pressure release valve and other things.

Mirroring in element editor was something i was going to ask 

scorpio810 in devel forum section: wrote:

2014-09-13 16:47:13
http://gerrysweeney.com/horizontal-and- … phicsview/

Johua/Scorpio: could you add the link ideas and pdf link ?

Where?
If it on site web we wait to Nuri work for change vertical navigation bar by new horizontal navigation bar with submenu.... when he have time for it.

Yes, we are seeking a young and serious web develop to handle the web area : php, js, sql, json, html, punbb, dokuwiki, MantisBT, in Linux Debian server ! alas we did not have time to occupper everything.

No i meant update the roadmap with the xref ideas i described and Josua responded he have already thought about:

§ master&slave elements xref clickable ( like folio referencing links are )

§ all links also clickable in exported pdf

- Or should i enter them as a feature request in bug tracker?

( I just suggest that in order to structure things in an accessible way, but if developers here have a tradition of keeping track themselves that is OK too)  nomicons/smile

You could add these in the roadmap yourself .. in features request list.

OK, Iĺl try nomicons/smile

English, or google-translated to french ?

hum ...English, I see old page in "en" translation, but very old, and need rewrite.

Given we are low on people, i suggest concentrating on keeping the master language updated, i mean the language from which other translate whenever someone find time.

Because other need to translate from master, it must be well formulated.
And that language on the wiki is French, right?

For French, i am not that guy... nomicons/wink

You want me to write in English on fr wiki?

Enter them as a feature request in bug tracker ....nomicons/getlost

Done; 115 & 116

Morganol wrote:

Just an idea instead of writing a whole new pdf export function:
Still use the Qt provided one, and in its output file replace the text with links?
Could work if all xref are exported like @12F7 ; @ indicates it should be a link, in this case to page 12

... the link need not contain coordinate (F7) just landing on the right page is enough for the user who clicks the link and he can read the coordinate himself...

Just a quick idea, it probably need more thinking!

---

FYI, you could add WEB URL link in yours diagrams it dont work into folio, but run perfect after export to pdf.

Could work if all xref are exported like @12F7

Humm not work -> file:///home/laurent/Desktop/@12F7 n'existe pas. nomicons/tongue

Perhaps, link = " myfile.pdf#page=4 "

If you can document and do some tests, maybe them we can add this functionality soon (just basic navigation on PDF document, no blue halo ...)

Heh, no i have no idea how links are encoded in pdf files

What i meant was that if we use existing xref settings on QET interface so links looks like "@12F7" in the pdf

...then maybe someone could make an external mini program that search for such text snippets and replace them with working links in the pdf file

= no change in QET program, it just need specific xref settings and an external program.

(Of course even better if built into QET)

What i meant was that if we use existing xref settings on QET interface so links looks like "@12F7" in the pdf

Where you see @12F7 ?

A little example for explain how Xref works based on this basic diagram :
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img/XREF_link2.png

Now open this qet project in text editor :
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img/XREF_link.png

And i don't have any idea how you want to export this links with other program into PDF document.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 6.qet 17.59 kb, 386 downloads since 2016-11-06 

20 (edited by Morganol 2016-11-10 01:51:34)

Sorry for late reply.
No, my simple idea is not to export it using another program, and maybe not making changes in QET either.

The simple idea is that by making QET printing links so they visually looks like links, then i guess it is relatively simple to create a small separate program that parse the pdf and rewrites the links so they actually work like links.

Example: if i in xref and folio referencing settings fields put %F@%f%l%c,
then i will for folio "Pump", page 2, coordinate C7 get:  Pump@2C7

If i enter such formatting in my example drawing from my post https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 5577#p5577 , it looks like the following screen-shot, and it also displays like that when opening the exported pdf.

Now if we had a small program that can process that pdf and make the links coma alive it would be great.  the only thin i want it to do is find the number between the @ and a following alphabetical character and make a link of that to the page of that number.

OK the above is simplified, to make it work reliably we probably need a more reliable trigger than a one character "@"....

But we do not want a long trigger string to be shown at link in normal shema in QET nor printing to printer from QET.Having no idea how QET works, i can just say maybe it can temporarily automatically append "LINKME@" plus page number to every xref and folio ref formula just when printing to pdf.

The external program then scans for "LINKME@" and read the page number after it to create the link target, and remove "LINKME@" and the number from the visual part.

That will be compatible with any form of ref formula the user have chosen.
Except, user can nowhere write "LINKME@" but that is very little chance...

Maybe the external program, could even be an integrated part of QET, run automatically directly after initial file is exported, or even streamed so the first version of pdf never is externally written out.

Post's attachments

Pump1a1B9.png, 47.39 kb, 783 x 363
Pump1a1B9.png 47.39 kb, 413 downloads since 2016-11-10 

BTW, you could add a link in your folio for opening specific page on a local PDF like page 12 after export project to PDF :
<a href="/home/laurent/Desktop/html_QET_link.pdf#12">

Great tip, thanks nomicons/smile

Add Online link documentation into your PDF :

Insert internal link document to a specific page in PDF project :

Internal link to a specific page:

<a href="your_file.pdf#5">link to page 5</a>

Interesting !

You could add internal link and other, but this document need to be online or in localhost :&#039;(  :

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/ … o,-169,394

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/ … o32000.pdf

Like this :

http://math.columbia.edu/~dejong/wordpress/?p=3234