Topic: When dragging element from collections to schema and it autoconnects,

... it overwrites the conductor network it connetcs to with the folio preset parameters for new conductor!

(Also, undo do not completely restore everything in this case.)

This does not happen if the new element is first placed unconnected, and then moved to autoconnect, or a conductor is drawn manually: then it works as it should: the new connector picks up the parameters of the already existing connector(s) it connect to.

I guess this is a bug, but it could also be a feature i personally just do not like...

Re: When dragging element from collections to schema and it autoconnects,

I don't understand, you could disable conductor autoconnect see icon in menu bar.
when you connect a conductor to other it 's normal to keep conductor properties, like color, conductor size, conductor text equipotential, ect.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by Morganol 2016-10-27 20:05:58)

Here is a video.

I have made folio referencing signal flags that also display "Display / Protocol" and "Function" variables of connected conductor.  They display the problem in a nice way.

Everything goes OK, the two referencing elements "connects", then i drop a fuse and then connect it the new conductor gets the inherited properties.

BUT if i do not drop the fuse first, but directly orient it so it autoconnects without having been dropped onto schema first, then all connectors in the net gets the "Display / Protocol" and "Function" variables of that folios default properties - like it was a new connector.

(It is not the autoconnecting that is at fault, i could have rotated the first placed fuse and let it autocionnect instead of manually routing it - that would be same result)

Note that conductor Text is inherited OK.

I also tried with line colour, style, and width, and they were not treated the same (i forgot which was OK and which was not) There may also be more inheritance that may need be checked.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon qet001-2016-10-27_19.51.13.mkv 1.11 mb, 502 downloads since 2016-10-27 

Thanks for your video.
I see the problem, when you auto connect a new element to a report folio it reset values report folio and not if you connect in manual mode.
In the video you added a defaut conductor setting like folio, proper, ties, I think you do not need to add ! it can overwrites latest variables in auto connect, but the problem is on auto connect fonction which don't keep properties_.m_function &  properties_.m_tension_protocol.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

It only happens if the newly dragged in element connects before i release the newly dragged in element.

It do not happen with autoconnect for an element that i first have laid down on the shematic, deselected,  (or copied pasted from another element) then selected and move so it autoconnects. 

And yes "folio" "proper" "ties" i entered in folio properties just to hint where it comes from...

Entered as bug 117; https://qelectrotech.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=117