Topic: Wishes about conductor label

I like to draw dense (to avoid confusion of flipping many pages...)
And often most wires are coloured (signals in control system)
To read colours reliably, it seem to be good to set width to larger than one.
A problem is that wires are drawn over the labels making them hard to read.

1) Would it be possible to make labels print on top of conductors instead?
( i can not think of any negative side effect )

2) I know i can move the labels... easy really - and holding down ctrl i can position without grid snap.
- But it would be convenient if it was possible to be able to set them by default to show up initially centered on conductors.

Post's attachments

Screenshot_20160929_165824.png, 12.43 kb, 448 x 222
Screenshot_20160929_165824.png 12.43 kb, 501 downloads since 2016-09-29 

2 (edited by Nuri 2016-09-29 17:24:28)

Re: Wishes about conductor label

Hi Morganol,

Would it be possible to make labels print on top of conductors instead?

good idea. Maybe can a developer give a detailed answer if it's easy to do or not (changes in C++ code).

set them by default to show up initially centered on conductors.

In my opinion not a good idea because it is not the common way electrical drawings are made for industry standards.
Industrial wiring diagriams are monochrom only, as far as I know from my experience.
Colored conductors are only used for overview drawings or for small plants or machines (from 1 to about 10 folios).

Nuri wrote:

set them by default to show up initially centered on conductors.

In my opinion not a good idea because it is not the common way electrical drawings are made for industry standards.
Industrial wiring diagriams are monochrom only, as far as I know from my experience.
Colored conductors are only used for overview drawings or for small plants or machines (from 1 to about 10 folios).

I agree with all that nomicons/smile
Factory default should still be labels at side of conductor.

Would like to be able as user to change the default per project.

I only do coloured detail drawings when i have time, and i set colours while building prototype.  As I often make special machines that should be easy to find around in, coloured wires help, and having same on paper drawing ease it. (it is quicker to design it using letters  wht, yel, grn, gry etc, but quicker and less error prone to read a coloured drawing.)

However, this default is a minor detail.

The problem is point 1) ; wires overlaps text so it is hard to read, setting text on wires instead, would help.

4 (edited by Morganol 2016-10-28 02:51:42)

label in front:  https://qelectrotech.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=87  <---- UPDATE: this is fixed now, thank you! nomicons/smile

ofset: https://qelectrotech.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=91

Morganol wrote:

--deleted--

ofset:  https://qelectrotech.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=91

Hi,

Well, i'd love to see if this bug will be fixed soon . I also like the idea to have offset for conductor label.

regards,
Rajamodol