Topic: Line colours

Hello,

QElectrotech is an excellent piece of software, thank you very much for the continual development.

I would like to make one suggestion, and that is regarding line colours.  Is it possible to set a line colour along with the autonumber scheme?

When doing a large drawing, having to manually change colours on every line that isn't linked with another is time consuming.

Keep up the great work.

Jon

Re: Line colours

Hello Jon,

Thank you . nomicons/smile

what version you use?

In 0.51 devel version "colors and conductor sizes are now preserved through references and their equipotentiality".

Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I am on the 0.51-dev version from the Fedora COPR.

The preservation is working, however if I have PLC inputs for instance that all wire to terminals they don't share equipotentiality with any other cable.  In this case I have to assign colour every time.  If the colour could be defined as part of the auto numbering then it would make life easier.  I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean.  This project was small, but sometimes they are bigger with a lot of field I/O.

Or am I missing something?

Jon

Please attach your project, thank.
Or send me by email, with image for detail.

For PLC input/output I hacked report property element, see in this video :

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Laurent,

I have found it now, I was not looking correctly.  You can set the colour on the folio properties tab, then do all your lines using auto numbering, then change colour and auto numbering if you need to.  Simple really if I had taken the time to look.

Sorry for bothering you with a trivial thing, though I still think being able to define it in the auto numbering would be a good idea, but others would probably argue not.

Thanks for taking the time to help nomicons/smile

Jon