Topic: ROTATE ELEMENT OR TEXT WITH THE SAPCE KEY

Hello,

In version 0.9 I used the space key to rotate both elements and text. However, after downloading version 0.10, I noticed that this functionality is no longer available. I understand that utilizing the space key fo rotation greatly enhanced task efficiency. I would like  to suggest the inclusion of a configuration option to re-enable this feature.

Alternatively, could you provide guidance on how to activate this feature through a different method? Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards

Re: ROTATE ELEMENT OR TEXT WITH THE SAPCE KEY

Hello,

you use latest 0.100-dev version?
What your OS?

Elements, simples texts, or element texts rotate with space key in diagram just checked on Linux Debian, and also on macOS arm64...

Regards,
Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hello

I use Windows 10 Home, version and QElectroTech-0.100.0_x86_64-win64+git7868-1.

And I can't find that option.

follow photo to evaluate.

grateful.

Post's attachments

Captura de tela 2023-08-14 125020.png, 63.27 kb, 1104 x 687
Captura de tela 2023-08-14 125020.png 63.27 kb, 47 downloads since 2023-08-14 

Use the space key on your keyboard..

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

but it doesn't work, you can even see that the option to use the keyboard space key as a shortcut for the function is not available in the pop-up.

Maybe is possible this a very very old symbol with tag "orientation="dnnn""
Rotation option was removed since..
-> https://qelectrotech.org/wiki_new/doc/x … _l_element

Element orientation
It is then necessary to define which are the possible orientations of the element. The orientation of the element is used when laying conductors but also to prevent the user from turning an element in a direction that would not make sense. The orientation attribute is defined by a sequence of 4 characters, each character defining the behavior for an orientation.

1st character : North
2nd character : East
3rd character : South
4th character : West
Each character can have the following value:

d for “default”: indicates that, by default, the element is considered to be oriented in this direction. It is absolutely necessary to indicate a default orientation.
y for “yes”: the user can orient the element in this direction.
n for “no”: the user cannot orient the element in this direction.
Example: orientation=“ydny” means that the element is drawn facing south and can be rotated north and west but not east.

I am writing to report an issue I am encountering in the 0.100 dev version of the software. As I mentioned in previous posts, I am having difficulties in rotating elements, as well as the associated text, using the spacebar key.

Recently, while moving an element from the library to the page, I accidentally pressed the spacebar key on the keyboard, which caused the element to rotate. However, when I added the same element to the page and locked it for use, the rotation function through the spacebar key stopped working.

If possible, I would appreciate some guidance on what might be causing this issue, as in version 0.9, this function worked perfectly.

Sincerely,

Jhonathan

BTW, you need to use now dynamic text, under folio you rotate it when you want, its not the case for static text!