1 (edited by tiz.meneghe 2023-09-04 16:02:01)

Topic: Locks the window size and does not display the conductor name

Hi, all user

Why don't some conductors tick "text not visible"? That is, make the conductor reference invisible?

Each time I zoom them in to make the page as big as possible, but then it shrinks again.
Especially if the "Properties" view is activated.
Is there a way to lock the window size?

P.s.:
The reason to hide the conductor text is that sometimes it overlaps the text of element text causing confusion…
>In case the conductor text (+24E) overlaps the element text (+24E) and created a scribble.

And: the properties window, expanding, removes the view of the sheet one. Which often not performs the "zoom all" and does not align the sheet to the useful margin... So you have to move with the "little hand" if you want to see the whole sheet.
If the right window could fix, everything would be easier.

Thanks for help.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Schermata 2023-09-04 alle 15.25.40.png 309.59 kb, 19 downloads since 2023-09-04 

Schermata 2023-09-04 alle 15.42.06.png, 161.77 kb, 1153 x 783
Schermata 2023-09-04 alle 15.42.06.png 161.77 kb, 44 downloads since 2023-09-04 

Schermata 2023-09-04 alle 15.42.22.png, 156.81 kb, 1139 x 768
Schermata 2023-09-04 alle 15.42.22.png 156.81 kb, 43 downloads since 2023-09-04 

Re: Locks the window size and does not display the conductor name

Hello

I think you may be able to solve your issue by selecting the tick box for "Show one text per folio potential"

This is located only in the Project Properties -> New Folio -> Conductor -> Type -> Multiline

It's very similar to the screen you show just with this one addition. This way for all conductors you'll only get the 1 wire number shown in each folio. (I'm not sure off the top of my head if this can be applied retrospectively or only takes effect when you make the next new folio)

Hope this helps

midgetyone wrote:

Hello

I think you may be able to solve your issue by selecting the tick box for "Show one text per folio potential"

This is located only in the Project Properties -> New Folio -> Conductor -> Type -> Multiline

It's very similar to the screen you show just with this one addition. This way for all conductors you'll only get the 1 wire number shown in each folio. (I'm not sure off the top of my head if this can be applied retrospectively or only takes effect when you make the next new folio)

Hope this helps

I don't think it's a good solution for him, tho it's a great way to fix over lapping labels.
Usually, what I do, i just stack both labels together, it will make no difference, if I don't need to use terminal blocks & alot of folio carryovers, i'll just manually add the labels using text rather than use the built-in function to label my conductors.

midgetyone,

As you can see it's already set to multiline (on all sheets), only in some it allows me to uncheck it and on others it doesn't (it's blurry and I don't understand why it's blurry on the sheet link too).
I do this too, especially with binding posts and connectors.
I remove the numbering from the wire and add texts which I then align to the connecting wire, so it also remains stable when you copy/paste.

Bat,

In this case instead I use to assign a label to the wire only because in assigning the link between a master/slave element or the previous/next sheet the link is visible and easy to identify, otherwise I get random numbers and I have to look for which one is the one Right...
At least this happens to me.

Anyway thanks guys.