Topic: Wire Number Association

Hi all

I have used Electrotech for many years and extremely grateful for such a great program. To my surprise I was editing a drawing in version 0.9 and came across something I have never seen before - probably a clash from earlier versions maybe?

QElectroTech V 0.90+c7891bc4cb0a58100c957a06d79751d3
Compilation : GCC 11.3.0
Built with Qt 5.15.7 - x86_64 - Date : Jan 6 2023 : 12:55:49
Run with Qt 5.15.7 using 2 thread(s)
CPU : NAME INTEL(R) XEON(R) PLATINUM 8259CL CPU @ 2.50GHZ
RAM Total : 4 GB
RAM Available : 0 GB
GPU : VideoProcessor Teradici PCoIP WDDM Display Adapter
GPU RAM : RAM Total : AdapterRAM 0 B
OS : winnt - x86_64 - Version : Windows Server 2016 Version 1809 - Kernel : 10.0.17763
*** Qt screens ***
( 1 : 1920 x 1031 )

I have existing elements I have created in the element editor (in previous versions) that have numerous terminals. To my surprise I was updating a drawing when I was prompted to assign wire number x to 55 conductors? It is an independent circuit however QET is seeing the terminals as all connected.

I was curious whether this was across the board but it doesn't happen with standard QET symbols or other symbols I have created. Maybe it's due to the larger number of terminals in the element?

Either way this particular element sees all the terminals as being the same connection/potential and will attempt to assign the same wire numbers to all. If I change a wire number in my existing drawing (originally all different) it will update the others to match.

Have I missed something and doing something wrong for 0.9?

I have attached a screenshot of some random elements connected to different terminals to show how they all take on wire #1 automatically as soon as they are connected.

Thanks in advance.

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-08-04 165926.png, 39.81 kb, 1173 x 762
Screenshot 2023-08-04 165926.png 39.81 kb, 49 downloads since 2023-08-04 

Re: Wire Number Association

Hello,

what the type of your element?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi scorpio810

Thanks for the question. Looks like this element was set as terminal nomicons/smile Not sure when or why that happened. Set to simple type and all is well. I haven't used the terminal type before so it was the first time I'd seen this behaviour. Good learning experience.

I knew I had to be missing something simple!

Great, nice. nomicons/wink

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."