1 (edited by MartijnD 2022-11-08 16:21:07)

Topic: Feature request for autonumbering and positioning

Hi there,

I have 2 feature request:

- For the auto numbering reset of numbering. My suggestion is: 6 extra buttons on the "Auto numbering section": 2 for each Conductor, Element and Folio. 1st button: Reset to "1" and the 2nd button: Reset to "?. the last button should show a popup to enter the number to set the actual counter to.
motivation: while learning your (almost fantastic) software and setting up a first drawing I make a lot of mistakes. so resetting a auto numbering value will happen very often at this moment it takes 7 clicks including entering a number to reset the counters. I see more people are struggling with this. Maybe this is a nice and understandable way to improve this workflow.
- For positioning elements it would be nice to see the actual position X an Y while dragging you element around. my first thought would be in the same bar as the redo/undo buttons or maybe as most cad programs have: in the lowest bar of the main window where the tool tips are displayed as well. DONE

To motivate you guys even more then you already are nomicons/wink I will donate another 50 euro for the auto numbering reset feature in the next 0.9_DEV release and 25 euro for the position indicator feature!

Thanks
Martijn Diks

Re: Feature request for autonumbering and positioning

Hi Martijn,

thanks again for your donate.

To motivate you guys even more then you already are  I will donate another 50 euro for the auto numbering reset feature in the next 0.9_DEV release and 25 euro for the position indicator feature!

For the challenge and also to call more developers to participate in the project your donations will be given directly by you or me (if you send to me) to the one who will propose a working patch of each feature.

Regards,
Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Thanks for your donation nomicons/smile

I write the feature of X:Y pos in the status bar. Can you test the last build if it's ok for you.

For the autonumbering reset I will add it in the todo list

Développeur QElectroTech

@Joshua: FTBFS on Debian Bullseye:

sources/elementsmover.cpp:161:58: error: 'class QLatin1String' has no member named 'arg'
   m_status_bar->showMessage(QLatin1String("x %1 : y %2").arg(QString::number(point_.x()), QString::number(point_.y())));

Post's attachments

Attachment icon qelectrotech_0.90.r7708-2_amd64.build 177.44 kb, 68 downloads since 2022-11-04 

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

sources/diagramevent/diagrameventaddelement.cpp:102:59: error: 'class QLatin1String' has no member named 'arg'
    m_status_bar->showMessage(QLatin1String("x %1 : y %2").arg(QString::number(pos_.x()), QString::number(pos_.y())));

Fixed.

https://git.tuxfamily.org/qet/qet.git/c … 8ee67f41ee
https://git.tuxfamily.org/qet/qet.git/c … 96fbc69edc

7 (edited by MartijnD 2022-11-08 16:23:39)

The new positioning feature works as expected! Thank you! Now I have to "normalize" the zero position of my symbols to make it usefull nomicons/wink

The donation is on it way

8 (edited by MartijnD 2022-11-08 20:56:28)

Since the position feature change I have the following issue:
If i select multiple items and try to move it with the arrow keys. Then the whole application force closes. I think it is related because the previous version was not closing.

It would be nice if this position indicator will also work if you add a textbox or something. But until not it looks very promising! Thanks

P.S. not sure if it is important but i am using it on Windows 11

Yes, moving element on diagram by arrows keys crash QET:
on fonction:
    const auto point_{m_movement_driver->scenePos()};
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/element_mover_crash.png

that's why it is called the DEV version nomicons/wink

https://git.tuxfamily.org/qet/qet.git/c … 97c4ff2278