Topic: Autonumbering keep index for every page

Hi QElectroTech Team,

Thanks for all the hard work! what a great peace of free software is here!

I am a fan of numbering elements by page. I was able to build a auto numbering filter for this, but my problem is every time I have added some elements to page 2, I switch to page 3 and then i have to reset the incremental number. So far it is a kind of workable but switching back to page 2, it means that i have to check where I was and set the incremental to where i was.

Is there a way to do this in a way it makes more sense?

My second question is:
Is there a way to give a default text size for labels by element type to prevent overlay?

Keep up the good work! Thanks in advanced

Martijn

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot_2.png 36.37 kb, 33 downloads since 2022-09-02 

Re: Autonumbering keep index for every page

Hello Martijn and thanks for compliments.

the automatic numbering tool is very rustic,
The easiest way for you to do this is to create rules by folio and by object.

Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hello Laurent,

Thanks for your reply, I'm quite a beginner with QET, I'm not afraid of (a little) programming but I really don't know what you mean nomicons/wink
Can you point me to an example or some documentation about rules?

Thanks in advance!
Martijn

I'm sorry I think we (or actually I) use different words for the same thing, I called it a filter but is called "Rules" (of course nomicons/wink )
I'll see what i can work out...

MartijnD wrote:

My second question is:
Is there a way to give a default text size for labels by element type to prevent overlay?

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/m … _text.html

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hello Martijn,
about the autonumbering, if I understand well what you need is to use "number format 1 Folio" instead of "number format 1"

Développeur QElectroTech

7 (edited by MartijnD 2022-09-04 20:03:14)

scorpio810 wrote:

....org/qet/manual_0.7/build/preferences/settings_text.html

I found that setting but the element setting do not seem to affect the element texts.. (the element settings are also not described in documentation nomicons/wink ). But, maybe it is a bug in 0.90_DEV?

Joshua wrote:

Hello Martijn,
about the autonumbering, if I understand well what you need is to use "number format 1 Folio" instead of "number format 1"

Thanks Joshua! that's exactly what i meant I guess i missed it!