1 (edited by boardnick0815 2022-01-29 18:20:55)

Topic: Messed up / scrambled elements

Hi altogether,

sometimes i'm facing the problem, that self-created elements are getting messed up / scrambled when i want to edit / view them in the element editor (please have a look at the attachment 'messed_up.png').

The strange thing is that they are only messed up in the element editor (red framed) but not when i drag and drop them to my schematics (green framed).

1.) Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid this behaviour?
2.) Does anyone know how to edit messed up elements without starting from the scratch?

Environmental informations:

QElectroTech V 0.80c+87c957a06d79751d3
Compilation : GCC 9.3.0
Built with Qt 5.15.2 - Date : Feb 21 2021 : 10:30:58 
Run with Qt 5.15.2 using 8 thread(s)
CPU : NAME INTEL(R) CORE(TM) I5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHZ 
RAM Total : 16242 MB
RAM Available : 8965 MB
GPU : VideoProcessor Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family 
GPU RAM : RAM Total : AdapterRAM 1073741824 B
OS : winnt - x86_64 - Version : Windows 10 Version 1809 - Kernel : 10.0.17763
*** Qt screens *** 
( 1 : 1680 x 1050 ) 
( 2 : 1680 x 1050 ) 

Thank you very much in advance
Aaron

Post's attachments

Attachment icon messed_up.png 109.13 kb, 48 downloads since 2022-01-29 

Re: Messed up / scrambled elements

Hi Aaron,

have you tried 0.9-dev?
Maybe delete QElectroTech key in regedit, is QET config.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi Laurent,

thank you for your fast respond!

Now i downloaded qelectrotech-0.90-DEV+git7517-x86-win32-readytouse.7z, copied my et908h.elmt from C:\Users\[User]\Application Data\qet\elements\fremdhersteller\commend to D:\Eigene Dateien\Downloads\qelectrotech-0.90-DEV+git7517-x86-win32-readytouse\conf\elements and tested it: Unfortunately it shows the exact same behaviour as my installed V0.8 (scrambled element when viewing it with the element editor).

I also deleted the whole QElectroTech directory under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and tried again: Same :-(

I attached the et908h.elmt. Maybe the problem is within this file?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon et908h.elmt 11.17 kb, 95 downloads since 2022-01-30 

Hi Aaron,

I saw the same problem in diagram editor and element editor, for me the problem is your file.
You use a laptop with two screens?
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/Aaron_view.png

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi Laurent,

yes, i use a laptop with two screens.
But sometimes i also use this laptop only with the one built-in screen.

I just now tried once again and opened QelectroTech only on the one built-in screen: Same scrambled element nomicons/smile

Hi Laurent,

The problem is not in the screen size.
Also have this screen size 1680x1050 (8x5)

But the element was created in 0.7.

There is a difference in the elmt file between 0.7 and 0.8 and 0.9
This can be seen in a text file of the element.

Just create the same element in 0.9 and open it in a text editor. You will see the difference.

A converter must be created for this problem.

Erik

I am an industrial developer technician and born in 1960

7 (edited by Joshua 2022-02-02 11:32:08)

Ok I also got the problem,
element is ok on diagram editor but not in element editor.

Hello Re-searcher,
Strange what you say, I do test :
Create one element by version 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 (4 elements) and I open each elements with each versions and except when I try to open element created with version 0.7 or higher in qet 0.6 (which in normal because dynamic text was created in version 0.7) everything work well, and I don't see difference in the font attribute on the xml file.
Have you got an exemple please.

Développeur QElectroTech

Ok I understand what going on,
the element was created with 0.7 devel BUT during development of qet 0.7 the way how font (of dynamic text item) was saved was changed. Your element was created before the change.
Now it work in diagram editor because there is a retrocompatibility code, but not in element editor because in element editor it's easy to rework the element and save it (which will be up to date with how font are saved in element file).
Don't forget when you use a development version everything you do can be break from one day to another. We are very happy when you (users) play with the development version and tell us what it good or not, what is bugged, what can be improved etc.... I do my best to give you development version with less bug as possible, but it's remains development version.

Laurent, I don't understand why you got the problem on both editor. Screen size ?

Développeur QElectroTech

If someone have the skill and time to write a software to update the .elmt file version. It will be great, especially for qet 2.0.

Développeur QElectroTech

joshua wrote:

Laurent, I don't understand why you got the problem on both editor. Screen size ?

Because, I saved file by inadvertence and just saw version is upgraded to 0.9, but with original elmt version 0.7 copied in custom collection view is correct in diagram editor ..

Bug in the element editor.

The Position X value is not the same in the diagram editor and the X value in the element editor.
The Position Y value is not the same in the diagram editor and the Y value in the element editor.
The size value is not the same in the diagram editor and the value in the Font size element editor.

To see the photo.

------------------------

Bug dans l'éditeur d'éléments.

La valeur Position X n'est pas la même dans l'éditeur de schémas et la valeur X dans l'éditeur d'éléments.
La valeur Position Y n'est pas la même dans l'éditeur de diagramme et la valeur Y dans l'éditeur d'élément.
La valeur de taille n'est pas la même dans l'éditeur de diagramme et la valeur dans l'éditeur d'élément de taille de police.

Pour voir la photo.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon QET_ET908H.svg 106.41 kb, 83 downloads since 2022-02-03 

I am an industrial developer technician and born in 1960

@Erik

The size value is not the same in the diagram editor and the value in the Font size element editor.

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/qet_eth.png

@Re-searcher about this element you must not take to account the 'bug', see my previous post (element was made with qet 0.7 dev).
For this element, what we need is to edit it in element editor, save it and everything will be ok.
If you encounter the same bug for another element let me know.

Développeur QElectroTech

14 (edited by Joshua 2022-02-03 15:24:14)

For example, I edited the element with a text editor and only append the good "font" attribute in xml (I don't remove the old font attribute for the example.)
When you open it, now the text position is good, but I was don't touched it, this is just caused by the font size.

FYI edit the element with text editor take me about 30s, much less than if I was edited with the element editor. I know it's a workaround, but it's work.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon et908h.elmt 12.45 kb, 116 downloads since 2022-02-03 

Développeur QElectroTech

Hello Joshua,

i saw that you just added

font="Sans Serif,3,-1,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,normal

at the end of each dynamic_text tag.
For other messed up elements i'm going to try this workaround on my own, but i would also really appreciate what you thought of in post #9 (a software to update the .elmt file version. It will be great, especially for qet 2.0)

@Everybody: Thank you for the fast help!

Aaron