1 (edited by hfdax 2021-02-12 19:12:32)

Topic: Conductor properties propagation

When I open the editor of the conductor properties the function: "Apply properties to all conductors of this potential" is already checked. This is often very annoying because I normally need the change not to propagate and it happens that I forget to unselect it before click on OK, so I am forced to re-edit all the affected threads one by one.

Is there a way to make that function unchecked by default?

Re: Conductor properties propagation

No, but if you want you could use this patch and re compile QET.

--- sources/ui/conductorpropertiesdialog.ui
+++ sources/ui/conductorpropertiesdialog.ui
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
       <string>Appliquer les propriétés à l'ensemble des conducteurs de ce potentiel</string>
      </property>
      <property name="checked">
-      <bool>true</bool>
+      <bool>false</bool>
      </property>
     </widget>
    </item>

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

No, but if you want you could use this patch and re compile QET.

Thanks. But...How?
I'm not a developer and know something about bash scripting only

4 (edited by bruce33 2021-02-12 22:06:17)

I too waste time displaying or hiding text of conductors.
There is no perfect setting... But is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut to show/hide the text of the selected conductors? This feature would be very useful to me.

5 (edited by De-Backer 2021-02-13 09:48:04)

And what if we don't show the text by default?
if text = "_" => text off
if text = "som text" => text on

@scorpio810 and Joshua
what is your thought?

maybe when making the thread

And a setting in QET:
Auto

on

=> text on 

off

=> text off

De-Backer wrote:

And what if we don't show the text by default?

This feature would'nt impact the propagation of conductor properties.
So it won't make it easier to show/hide texts of conductors (of same potential) individually.

7 (edited by Joshua 2021-02-13 15:26:49)

De-Backer wrote:

@scorpio810 and Joshua
what is your thought?

I understand it's a waste of time, but this part of code have a bad design (one more) and it will be difficult to change this behavior without disturbing other users.
The best (and probably the good) approach is to create a real electrical potential properties (class and other code). Actually we consider that every conductor who share the same potential also share the same properties, it's implicit and user can't change this.
Qet 2.0......

One thing we can do now, it's to keep in memory the last state of the check box "apply to potential".

Développeur QElectroTech

@Simon:
For a new project you can also set this in the configuration under "New Project" > "Conductor" and remove the underscore by default or in project setting.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

@Simon:
For a new project you can also set this in the configuration under "New Project" > "Conductor" and remove the underscore by default or in project setting.

It would also be useful to have the "Apply properties to all conductors of this potential" flag in "new project" > "conductor".

10 (edited by bruce33 2021-02-14 12:25:50)

Joshua wrote:

One thing we can do now, it's to keep in memory the last state of the check box "apply to potential".

This is an interesting compromise.

I understand that programming that part is not easy, but is it so difficult to add a menu entry "Show / hide text" like this :
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&amp;item=1835
This would apply to selected conductor only (without propagation).
May be even better with a keyboard shortcut.

( By the way: why is there the "Multiple paste" entry? )

Post's attachments

new conductor right click.png, 18.69 kb, 330 x 229
new conductor right click.png 18.69 kb, 165 downloads since 2021-02-14 

Here in france it is forbidden to number the two ends of a wire differently, it is the same for all the equipotentiality!

Otherwise add a terminal with simple property between your conductors !!

12 (edited by bruce33 2021-02-14 12:53:36)

scorpio810 wrote:

Here in france it is forbidden to number the two ends of a wire differently, it is the same for all the equipotentiality!

I totally agree (and I'm French too). That's not my request. Maybe hfdax has a different request...
The problem is when there are many conductors with same potential and I want to choose which text to show.

Personally, I activate "display only one conductor text per equipotentiality.
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/config_wires.png

I tried this property. But in development stage, I may add/remove conductors, change positions.... Then the "Show one text per folio protential" rarely produces the result I hope.
Nevertheless, it is a useful possibility.

You can move the conductor text along the equipotentiality.