Topic: What about QML?

I'm searching in the forum and I can't find any discussion about QML.
Because I'm doing the QML's "Hello World!" exercise with QElectroTech and it works fine.
Are there any official position about the use of QML in QElectroTech? In general.
Thanks

Re: What about QML?

When the project started in 2007 with Qt 4 there was only Qt Widget and after then Qt Quick ~ Qt 5 and now QML.

Performance and Coding
As such, Qt Widgets could be considered low-level compared to Qt Quick. But this implies that in the long run, a Qt Widgets project will run faster and have better performance. Being low-level can be good though, as Qt Widgets is more exposed to native API (the QtCore module, Qt Style Sheets, etc). That said, it is often used for desktop development.

Qt Quick caters more to mobile development (although it can still be used in desktop development). It has ready-to-use popups, animations, tabs and layouts, flickables, drawers, and the usual controls; all ubiquitous in mobile development.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

https://www.qt.io/blog/2019/08/07/technical-vision-qt-6
long live widgets.

We hope. ;-)

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."