Topic: Cross reference to power contacts?

Is it possible to get a cross-reference between a coil and its power-contacts (the same way auxiliary NO-contacts are represented)? If so, is there som documentation how to create/use this feature?

2 (edited by Calypso 2020-04-21 06:32:38)

Re: Cross reference to power contacts?

Hello
In the component editor you can assign the contact whether it is a simple contact or a power contact. Depending on this, the cross-reference element is also displayed as a service or a simple contact.

Sincerely yours

Stebo

Post's attachments

1_2020-04-21 06:30:31.png, 29.35 kb, 645 x 388
1_2020-04-21 06:30:31.png 29.35 kb, 188 downloads since 2020-04-21 

In element editor selecting "Edit->Element Property" with <type of switch = Power switch"> does not generate a cross reference at the coil, but with <type of switch = "simple"> i get one (1) cross reference, although <Switch number represented = "3"> is selected.
I expected that power contacts ("power switch") would be represented in the same way as auxiliary contacts ("simple").
Again, is there a description available how to use cross referencing between coils and contacts?

4 (edited by Calypso 2020-04-21 07:04:37)

Hello,
yes is somewhere in the forum. In the element editor you enter slave for a contact in the Basic type line. For the coil master.

Add a coil and contact to your drawing. Give the coil an equipment identifier, example -F15.
A double click on the contact opens a window in which all master elements are located. There you select a master element with which you want to connect the contact. With the right mouse, a selection of what should be done opens on Link the item.

Sincerely yours

Stebo

Hi Stebo,

thanks for your reply.
That works for auxiliary contacts, but not for power contacts.
I want the same representation for power contacts at the coil as for auxiliary contacts, an there should be shown if there are more than one (e.g. three) power contacts as "slave".

Hello,
in the component properties, you can give the contact different properties as a property Power Switch,
Give simple. Depending on what you select there, the cross-reference element is displayed as a power switch or simple.

Sincerely yours

Stebo

Hi Stebo,

there are remaining to things to be solved:
1) How do i get a reference to 3 power contacts if i insert one triple-powercontact?
2) Where do i find the description for using the reference-feature?

To create a slave power contact, you need to go on the element editor (see picture of calipso). In the official collection there already a lot of contact configured to be linked to a coil.
For link power contact to a coil, do the same thing as a simple contact, I think you already know how to do that if I refer to your first post.
And now if I understand well the power contact don't appear on the Xref. I think the Xref is represented as a cross in your diagram and configured to don't display power contact.
For change that, go to your project properties in the menu bar : project -> project properties -> new folio -> cross references. In this page you can configure the whole properties about how Xref can be displayed.
You can do the same configuration for new project in : settings -> configure qelectrotech -> new project -> cross references

Développeur QElectroTech

Hi Joshua,
that solved my "problems", thank you very much.
And more thanks to you replying me in english(;-)))

Best regards from Norway
Joel

Hi Joshua,
just started using QElectroTech and had the same question about cross ref for the power contacts. Easy when you know how so thanks for the help.

Regards
John

Go to help -> online manual or just press F1.

For cross ref : https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/m … index.html

Regards.

Développeur QElectroTech