Topic: Suggestion: Folio Order in project tree

Hi Guys,

I have project with approx 100 folios. 

Moving the folios up or down the project tree using F3, F4 or jump 10 works but is very slow.
Could the a mechanism be implemented to  drag and drop the folio to a new position.
(or I should be more accurate with planning)
(or perhaps there is a way that I am not aware of)

Example 1
if folio 50 was required in position 11 then the folio (50) is clicked & dragged up the project tree using the mouse and placed on folio 10.  The program re-positions the folio from 50 to 11.

Note the folio is placed one position greater than the position required.

Example 2
if folio 2 is required in position 1 then the folio (1) is clicked & dragged down the project tree using the mouse and placed on folio 2.   The program re-positions the folio from 1 to 2.

Hopefully, the above makes sense and is of use.
Other wise I have been learning the program during this project my first, and the program is very very good. Thank you to the developers.

Re: Suggestion: Folio Order in project tree

Hi Tray,

you can also move folio position by click & move with mouse on folio fields.
Left click in the folios tab and move its position with the mouse, beware it can go very quickly ...

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by abakus 2022-11-11 12:47:56)

Hi,

For me it would be the most wanted feature to rearrange the folios per drag & drop.
According to scorpio it should already work but it does not work for me :-/

Here is how I tried it:

I added a new folio. The new folio is created at the last position (it's position 175 in my project).
Now I want to move that newly created folio to position 12. So I move the mouse pointer over the folio in the folios tab, click and hold the left mouse button and try to drag it up but it doesn't moves. So I need to push F3 more than 150 times to move the folio up.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you so much for your help

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/moving_folio.png

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Thank you. I know that but moving per drag and drop would be more precise and faster.

I just wonder if the following is not working only for me or if the features was removed since your post:

"you can also move folio position by click & move with mouse on folio fields.
Left click in the folios tab and move its position with the mouse, beware it can go very quickly ... "
source: your post above

https://git.tuxfamily.org/qet/qet.git/c … 0f20c34aca
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/forum_img_2/moving_foliox100.png

Left click in the folios tab and move its position with the mouse, beware it can go very quickly ... "

Yes isn't working as expected, like in the past... Don't know why or it's my Debian unstable with recently libs  break it...

Okay, thank you. I'll try the posted modification

scorpio810 wrote:

Yes isn't working as expected, like in the past... Don't know why or it's my Debian unstable with recently libs  break it...

Edit: It works pretty well but only for small projects.. when you only want move folio by 5 at 10 steps maximum.. every time.

Packages is published, you can try it.

Works perfect, thank you!