1 (edited by drodrodro 2020-01-10 11:17:31)

Topic: just updated to 0.7: can't edit labels anymore

I've been using QElectroTech for a few years and I've also built a set of symbols to suit my need. Since I upgraded to 0.7 I can't edit symbol labels anymore for both included symbols and custom symbols.
What was defined as "Element information" in a symbol is no longer editable and I have to change it to "User text" if I want to set it to something else than the default "_" label. This happens for all included symbols as well.

https://qelectrotech.org/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=1187&download=1

A "_" label is just useless and what was once simple and straightforward - setting a label for a symbol clicking on it and typing - is now hidden in the properties and requires extra steps.

Am I getting it wrong? What should I do? Change all my symbols to setting editable text fields as "User text"?

Thanks!

Post's attachments

textfield.PNG, 17.71 kb, 719 x 370
textfield.PNG 17.71 kb, 587 downloads since 2020-01-10 

Re: just updated to 0.7: can't edit labels anymore

Your element is a slave element. Slave element take the matser label name automaticly when you link master like coil to slave contacts!
Put a coil in your diagram, in information widget edit label, now link your new master coil to your element  power contacts slave by selecting with right click and link.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Thanks for the clarification! I've never used that feature, is it a new?

No, is very old.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."