Topic: No luck launching the terminal block generator on macOS

Hi Guys-

Total newbie here so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but after running the install and going to Project>>Launch the Terminal Block Plugin it simply brings up the splash screen again.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Screen shots attached.

Thanks!
Matt

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.26.43 AM.png, 289.84 kb, 1152 x 734
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.26.43 AM.png 289.84 kb, 314 downloads since 2020-01-09 

Re: No luck launching the terminal block generator on macOS

Second screenshot

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.25.57 AM.png, 445.66 kb, 1186 x 784
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.25.57 AM.png 445.66 kb, 269 downloads since 2020-01-09 

Hi Matt,

see https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 5674#p5674

Project>>Launch the Terminal search to this hard coded path in code "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin/qet_tb_generator", but you have installed python 3.8 while program search in python 3.5 path.

You could run qet_tb_generator alone with this command:

python3.8 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/qet_tb_generator

/sources/qetdiagrameditor.cpp

+#ifdef Q_OS_MAC
+success = process->startDetached("/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin/qet_tb_generator");
+#else
success = process->startDetached("qet_tb_generator");
+#endif

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi Scorpio-

Firstly, thank you so much for your help!!!

While I do have a good bit of programming experience, I have zero experience with Python.  My apologies for the newbie questions.

When I enter the command line:  python3.8 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/qet_tb_generator

It launches the python interface and is looking for a .qet file, but when I do a search I don't see that file on my Mac.

Thanks
Matt

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 12.36.21 PM.png 1.53 mb, 122 downloads since 2020-01-09 

Re Matt,

qet_tb_search a QET project ( .qet file) for generate terminal blocks based on this project.

First you have to create a project and then launch the plugin to create the terminal blocks according.

Example in this very older video

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi There.  With no audio and the program interface in French the video was difficult for me to understand what is going on.  I did create a project and tried launching it from the interface.  I will keep tinkering with it.

Thank you
Matt

Hi,
look industrial.qet example provided.

Hello!

I did open the project and still have no luck launching the plugin.  I think python might be over my head :-).

Matt