Re: Development version occasionally crashes while editing schema

Tonight i had two segmentation faults when saving, after i have deleted simple straight lines (not conductors) on shema.
I have been using lines extensively, like i have not before, to sketch cable arrangemaents in the room.
On two occasions when i have deleted lines they were not really deleted; like the conductors in previous bug hunting above, they could be partly visible and selectable, and when i save the project QET crash.

Post's attachments

Deleted line selected.png, 1.63 kb, 140 x 98
Deleted line selected.png 1.63 kb, 314 downloads since 2016-12-10 

Screenshot of qtdesigner at that moment, QET r4804 launched in debug mode.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon r4804 crashed deleting a line.png 106.83 kb, 159 downloads since 2016-12-10 

This is the same bug, conductor and all shapes item share the same code for draw the little square use to grab the item, and the crash come from how the square is managed.
I think I need to totally revamp this part of code to avoid this crash.

Développeur QElectroTech

I guessed it was the same...  Sounds like much work
At least, it happens seldom now since you worked on it above, and i have never seen it happen for conductor deletion since that  nomicons/smile

I am running Ubuntu 19.10 and first tried installing QElectroTech using apt install.
This installed Version 0.6.
I loaded up an example project and then tried to copy elements/diagrams into my own project. Each time, QElectroTech froze/crashed.
Today I updated dependencies and compiled QElectroTech from source.
I now have Version 0.7 installed.
The exact same thing is happening. I tried to copy/paste an element from one diagram to another and QElectroTech froze.
If anyone could help/advise, this would be most appreciated.

I restarted my laptop and now QElectroTech seems to be behaving reliably and I am able to copy/paste elements between folios.