Topic: Terminals bug?

There are some terminals in
/elements/10_electric/10_allpole/130_terminals&terminal_strips/90_terminal_strips_diagram/

I believe the intention is to replicate conductor properties between all ports on a terminal.
But depending on what conductor you edit, the T and X terminals fail;

T: The middle terminal is not updated when any other terminal is changed.
X: Depending on what terminal you change, one or two of the other terminals is not updated.

In the attached screen shot i set name on the selected conductor.  It propagates to some conductors but not to the conductors leading to F10, F11 nor F14.

Post's attachments

Screenshot_Terminals.png, 12.57 kb, 460 x 297
Screenshot_Terminals.png 12.57 kb, 361 downloads since 2016-12-15 

Re: Terminals bug?

Yes we know, only terminal with two connections work, terminal in T or X not report conductor properties in all connections.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

OK
(...and BTW it is the same when i make own terminal elements with more pins.)

scorpio810 wrote:

Yes we know, only terminal with two connections work, terminal in T or X not report conductor properties in all connections in automatic.

You need to enter manually conductor name forgotten in terminal T or X.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

5 (edited by Morganol 2017-01-09 11:34:18)

This is not only a bad thing; optimally it in future would be possible to choose.

I find QET is a bit mixed up in handning conductors like it was network / signals - it normally copies all, available info between conductors of the same network.

I think there would optimally be some network related fields that are copied (network name and type) but not conductor number/color and area.

Several conductors can belong to same network / signal, but at the same time the different cunductors need different identification.

Example, the network "L1" may be carried by black 4mm2 conductors in the cabinet, but in other side of terminal the conductor is a 6mm2 member marked "1" in a cable.  (and optimally the cable should also have a ID)

There can be different creative ways to document this, but I am a newbie in that and have not settled on a way to do it.
Currently i often write a description in a a short text instead of mocking with conductor labels, or i do a bit of both.