Topic: Request - Fixed Visible Column and Row Headers/Names

Is there a way when zooming in that the Row and Column Headers are fixed visible? Is this possible to implement this in the application?

When I zoom in then often I want still to see the Row and Column name's like F12. This is specially wanted when I edit some connections and need their locations

QElectroTech V 0.100.0-dev - iMac macOS Monterey 12.6.3 - MacMini macOS Ventura

Re: Request - Fixed Visible Column and Row Headers/Names

I don't know, but you could try this?
"Allow unzoom beyond the folio"

BTW, have you tried lastest macOS  arm64 packages, I don't know if is work on your Ventura, or maybe your mini is a Intel chip?

Post's attachments

Capture d’écran 2023-10-01 à 23.32.58 - Grande.png, 507.89 kb, 1280 x 720
Capture d’écran 2023-10-01 à 23.32.58 - Grande.png 507.89 kb, 48 downloads since 2023-10-01 

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Maybe like x:y mouse cursor position in folio when you move mouse, we can add perhaps columns and row position on the mouse cursor?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

4 (edited by rvamerongen 2023-10-02 17:40:38)

scorpio810 wrote:

I guess I have a different kind of meaning about that function, but its not what I request.

About X:Y and the the Row and Function in the cursor position comment box, not sure if that is wanted because then we/I need to hoover over that object while I'am typing somewhere else in the app.

scorpio810 wrote:

BTW, have you tried lastest macOS  arm64 packages, I don't know if is work on your Ventura, or maybe your mini is a Intel chip?

So far as I can see beside the Formula used in the text fields, or I don't understand the working of it, I see no weird things or differences between the both CPU versions.
BTW, thank you for the effort to create both versions. I wish I have a better understanding of QT.

How does the formula in a text field work? If I use the sample volta - "1754" it doesn't work. I see at other place they use the {} and at other places they don't or it doesn't work with the {}. Is that a Mac thing?

Post's attachments

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-02 om 17.27.24.png, 71.22 kb, 857 x 374
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-02 om 17.27.24.png 71.22 kb, 43 downloads since 2023-10-02 

One you need to add this variable on your titleblock like me or add these in so in project settings or in only a folio..
test -> 123
For example: conductor formula is: pe-%id-%{test}

Post's attachments

one - Grande.png, 472.86 kb, 1280 x 720
one - Grande.png 472.86 kb, 38 downloads since 2023-10-02 

two - Grande.png, 494.6 kb, 1280 x 720
two - Grande.png 494.6 kb, 42 downloads since 2023-10-02 

Workaround: If your conductor formula didn't work, try save and re open, that strange but it 's working..

So I recommend to use braces: "%{}" for your formulas..

I have the same things on Debian, if I use a titleblock variable used by cartridge also and if I use conductor formula PE-%id-%{volta} the formula didn't work, so I double click on conductor and replace {} by () and it matchs at moment also then you re open it didn't work .
but if variable isn't a tiitleblock use {} for your conductor formula..

I don't know what as changed, maybe Qt 5 version Qt 5.15.10....?, or lastest merge...?
So I also have the same problems on my Debian Oho... So I recommend to use {} for your formula..

Edit: isn't a Qt framework problem, just tried with latest AppImage I have builded and I saw the same problem, formula didn't work, ok after saving project closed and re open project..

Ps: AppImage is only  Qt 5.15.2 version.

Thank you for your reaction.
After a reinstall, restart and even a machine reboot still the same.

Hmm, please send me your project.

I checked with this QET 0.9 AppImage:
QElectroTech V 0.90+e3afc562b
Compilation : GCC 8.3.0
Built with Qt 5.11.3 - x86_64 - Date : Jan 8 2023 : 05:58:34

Same problem...formula type "+%id +txt+ %{}" -> rendering strings only after saving and re open project..

Strange, that it can be inferred that the above issue has not been tested or reported by users...for a long time...

I Will check it today.

Développeur QElectroTech

Fixed, thanks for report

Développeur QElectroTech

Joshua wrote:

Fixed, thanks for report

Hmm not! nomicons/cwy, I can reproduce this bug again, for complex conductor formula like: text-%id-%{variable}.
Sorry. nomicons/wink

13 (edited by Joshua 2023-10-17 21:51:48)

Damn nomicons/grin
it's work with the folio variables, but work only half with project variable...
Let's work.

This part of code (variable) is also a big part to totally revamp, to be easy to maintain and also more powerful for user.

EDIT

Fixed

Développeur QElectroTech

Damn again, in my test case I can aslo reproduce the bug again, again .../o\

Any progress and a fix possible?

I saw when your conductor formula didn't work, clik on save, that strange but it 's working..

rvamerongen wrote:

Any progress and a fix possible?

Fix : new conductor have text without variable replaced
+
Fix bug 293: Automatic conductor numbering does not work

https://github.com/qelectrotech/qelectr … 849d22ff5a