Topic: continuous blocks

Hi
Unfortunately I don't know English and I did the google translation.
I would like to thank you for the work you do, I have been using qelectrotec for 2 years now and I don't have
never had any problems. I updated the program from V.6 to 0.70 and I immediately had continuous blocks of the program,
every minute freezes. I tried to disable the backup save, but nothing, I tried v. 0.80 but also in
this version crashes continuously. I had to go back to V.0.6
Is it possible to do something?

My system
Windows 10 pro
Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz processor
Ram 8.00GB

Thank you and greetings

Re: continuous blocks

Hi
Thank you. ;-)
Can only one of your projects crash the program, if so, could you send us your project?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

ok,
where should I send them?
thank you

In my projects I also insert images (size from 50 to 200 kb), the size of the projects reaches 10/20 mb.
Could this be the problem?
Ver. 06 does not seem to me to be a problem

Thanks

Compress your project, after edit your message a dialog box appear for uploading files.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi
The compressed project is 5mb
The file is too large for the server
Thanks

7 (edited by De-Backer 2020-07-18 19:42:53)

7-zip?
https://www.7-zip.org/

WOW if compressed project is 5mb is weigh like 500Mb uncompressed?? I understand why program crashe.

Maybe send me by email this file, see in about QElectroTech my email.

Well, the problem is to save in the same XML container the entire project, we convert images to base64 text.. in code to export these in text format in XML..
Maybe in future QET version 2.0 we use directory to store file image format.

I can't find your email

In software see  menu Help-> about QET -> Authors tabs.

https://qelectrotech.org/contact.html

Sorry, sent
Thanks for your time

The project weighs 10 mb, compressed in rar 5mb

Great project, but why not convert a symbol, you have a DXF to elmt converter which can facilitate the conversion of a complex drawing to draw in the editor.

Here on my Debian Sid setup your project does not crashe... and navigate is very fluid..
24C/48 T AMD Threadripper 3960X CPU 64 Gb RAM.

Hum MS Win 10 and only 8Gb RAM .. AIE .. You can't add more RAM, or maybe switch to Linux?

https://qelectrotech.org/wiki_new/refon … lectrotech

Buy a heavier pc is not really a solution.
But does windows 10 and QElectroTech have a problem/bug?
Can you test this? scorpio810

The problem is when you add a lot of images is eating your RAM Memory, prefer if you can convert these to elements.
Here your Project eat 300MB off RAM, maybe is eating more and more on WIN 10..

I have windows 10 if you don't have it, I can test it for you. scorpio810

De-Backer wrote:

Buy a heavier pc is not really a solution.
But does windows 10 and QElectroTech have a problem/bug?
Can you test this? scorpio810

Is very dificult to have the same performance on MS Windows like running QET on an Linux OS :
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 498#p12498

Launching QET on Windows can take 30 seconds to load element collection while with same setup on Linux it take 990 ms to load with the same QET version the entire collections..Projects can be very slow and crash on MS windows but very fluid and not crashes on an Linux. OS....

De-Backer wrote:

I have windows 10 if you don't have it, I can test it for you. scorpio810

Ok, thanks for your help, I have it on some VM, and also on my laptop I7 16 GB RAM, but not ime to check it on Win10 these days.. if you could check it, thanks.

I am sending this project to you and Joshua for review.

25 (edited by De-Backer 2020-07-18 21:16:54)

Start QElectroTech
Ram 61.2MB (tot)
run file
Ram 200.3MB (tot)

QElectroTech V 0.80-DEV+68116f466d79751d3
Compilatie: GCC 9.3.0
Built with Qt 5.15.0 - Date : Jul 16 2020 : 11:04:52 
Run with Qt 5.15.0 using 16 thread(s)
OS : winnt - x86_64 - Version : Windows 10 Version 1909 - Kernel : 10.0.18363

for 0.7:
Start QElectroTech
Ram 67.3MB (tot)
run file
Ram 214.2MB (tot)

QElectroTech V 0.70+a375424c0d79751d3
Compilatie: GCC 8.3.0 - built with Qt 5.13.0 - Date : Jul 18 2019 : 16:02:17 - run with Qt 5.13.0 using 16 thread(s)
OS : winnt - x86_64 - Version : Windows 10 (10.0) - Kernel : 10.0.18363

ToT RAM os 5GB (1GB for google Chrome)