Topic: A few questions from a newbie

I have been using QElectroTech for a few days now and am discovering what the possibilities are and how certain things work.
First, I would like to compliment the developers who have brought QElectroTech to what it is today. I did not expect such an OpenSource project to be available and I was pleasantly surprised.
I have found most of it on this forum, but I do not fully understand a number of things.

1: I do not yet fully understand how QElectroTech handles terminal strips and the associated terminal strip list. I found the "Terminal Block Creation plugin" but is is unclear how this works.... is there a instruction video?

2: I normally make a PLC overview page (see Page 5 in the test.qet file) and several pages for the inputs and outputs (see see Page 6 and 7 in the test.qet file).
In QElectroTech I am a bit lost. I am able to create the PLC overview page but I don't know how to create the input and output references containing the correct information linked to the correct in or output card.

3: Is there an instruction how to label the wires to create a wiring list?

4: I found this topic https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1212 about Macro's.
But I don't know if there are still plans to implement this feature or not?

I hope there is someone who is willing to help me.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon test.qet 645.7 kb, 183 downloads since 2020-04-23 

Re: A few questions from a newbie

Hello Basp,

thanks for compliments.

1: see help tab in "Terminal Block Creation plugin"

3 : on 0.8-dev you can export to CSV this list.

4 :

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by BasP 2020-04-24 10:28:25)

Hello Scorpio810,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1: I have read the help of the "Terminal Block Creation plugin" but I think I am missing something ....
After pressing the button "CREATE TERMINAL BLOCKS" I get a popup with the message "Choose terminal blocks to generate".
From then on, I have no idea what to do. (see image)
[img]ElectricalSchematic8.png[/img]

2: I hope someone can explain to me how best to do PLC I/O assignments in QElectroTech.

3: I actually meant how to do this in QElectroTech. I found an old topic: https://qelectrotech.org/forum/search.p … 1278777557 but I cannot find this feature in version 0.8

4: From your answer I understand that within QElectroTech you cannot work with Macros, but you can simply "cut" and "paste" instead.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ElectricalSchematic8.png 113.2 kb, 69 downloads since 2020-04-24 

Hi,

plugin work only if terminals is nanmed X1:40 and not X1.40.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Thanks, I will try and let you know.

1: I see it is in the HELP info... oops....
After I set it up properly it works, the next struggle is how to get the right info on the right place.

2: After creating some components myself and playing around with the "Element information" I managed to get something working. This brings me to a related question, is it possible to add extra "Element information" texts? I use Position numbers to adres each single part in the complete production lane. (more easy to locate one single motor for maintenance and support). I also would like to add the Amps of a motor and the Amps of the motor protection. I search the forum but was not able to find a good solution.

3: I did find how QElectroTech handles wires myself.

4: I understand no Macros in QElectroTech yet.

Hi,

2: since 0.7 you can add dynamic texts on elements without edit your elements.

4: is only a little macro see video in post#2
Automatic copy and paste (elements+ wires, terminals), and increment (auto num) elements and wires rules

Hi Scorpio810,

Thanks for your replay.
I think I did not made point 2 clear enough.
I know how to work with the "User text" fields in parts.
My question at point 2 is related to the "Element information" texts.
When I export a parts list of the project the "User text" fields are not there.
The data entered in a "User text" field is also not accessible in the referenced components (this works very nice with the "Element information" data).