Topic: Project incorrectly marked [changed] and unsolicited saved

1. When I open an existing project, for reading only, it is marked [changed] even though nothing has been changed!
When I close the project I am asked to save the changes (there are none!) or to discard. I choose discard of course.
This is illogical and misleading to say the least.

2. When I open an existing project, for reading only, after 10 minutes it is automatically saved even though nothing has changed!
After this the mark [changed] is gone.

This fault is probably caused by a combination of point 1 and the setting to make a backup copy every 10 minutes!

Maybe the phrase backup copy should be changed to auto save , and even then the save should only happen when something has really changed.

Today I opened an existing project for reading with QET version 0.80. After that I could not open the project anymore with QET version 0.70 because it had been saved (incorrectly) by a newer version of QET.

Re: Project incorrectly marked [changed] and unsolicited saved

2. You could disable backup copy in settings.
Very strange ! 0.80 version has for now only folio list position added in code.
GIT log sources histroy : https://git.tuxfamily.org/qet/qet.git/log/sources

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Re: Project incorrectly marked [changed] and unsolicited saved

- It was only an example about version 0.80. It (auto save) also happens with version 0.70 .

- It should not be called backup-copy but auto save, if that is what is does.
- It should not be marked [changed] if there is no change.