Topic: Project Scale

Good Morning ! They are doing an automation project, but when printing on A4 sheet, I think it's getting all small. Would there be any way to scale the drawing at the time of printing?

Re: Project Scale

Hello,

can you send a screen in print preview dialog?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

Hello,

can you send a screen in print preview dialog?

Post's attachments

tela do eletrotech.png, 80.01 kb, 1440 x 900
tela do eletrotech.png 80.01 kb, 464 downloads since 2018-05-15 

gleissoncg2 wrote:

Good Morning ! They are doing an automation project, but when printing on A4 sheet, I think it's getting all small. Would there be any way to scale the drawing at the time of printing?

Post's attachments

Captura de tela_2018-05-15_16-43-28.png, 208.27 kb, 1440 x 900
Captura de tela_2018-05-15_16-43-28.png 208.27 kb, 412 downloads since 2018-05-15 

The only way to change diagram scale is to change dimensions of folio in your diagram (reduce diagram columns, rows dimensions or decrease numbers of columns and rows) in folio properties before printing pages.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

The only way to change diagram scale is to change dimensions of folio in your diagram (reduce diagram columns, rows dimensions or decrease numbers of columns and rows) in folio properties before printing pages.

OK ! I will try this !

Hi gleissoncg2,

in the print dialog, you have to make active the checkbox "Use the whole page".

scorpio810 wrote:

Hello ! I managed to get the result I wanted by making some adjustments in the columns and lines and also decreasing the pxs, which for some reason were very high. I recorded a video to demonstrate if someone else had it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7g28KFGX4&t=36s

Hi gleissoncg2,

I personnaly use:
columns = 8x148px
rows = 8x97px
it fits good on a printed A4 paper sheet or A4 pdf sheet.

Then, in the printing configuration, I use the following margins:
top:16mm
bottom: 8mm
right: 8mm
left: 8mm

Nuri wrote:

Hi gleissoncg2,

I personnaly use:
columns = 8x148px
rows = 8x97px
it fits good on a printed A4 paper sheet or A4 pdf sheet.

Then, in the printing configuration, I use the following margins:
top:16mm
bottom: 8mm
right: 8mm
left: 8mm

Hummm ... I'll try...

When using 50px of 70px per column or row, the middle of the row is nicely centered on the grid. I didn't find an optimal number of columns to fit nicely on a A4 paper. It would be nice to have an option to be able to fix the middle of columns always on the grid. To make this possible the first and last column might be adjusted separately, with fixing the grid on the middle of the first column with the standard column width. Only the first and last column won't be on the grid.
I would like some other options here as well, like setting the starting column number (e.g. to 0) or to make the columns increasing over the pages (1-st page column 0-9, 2-nd page column 10-19 etc.)
For now I use the next settings to come close to A4:

Cols   21 x 50px
Rows  10 x 70px

When scaling the page so, that the symbols look a bit smaller when printed out on a A4, the dashed lines look almost like solid lines. Is there a way to reset the scale of dashed lines?

Hi b.w.v.leeuwen,

no, there is no way to change the length of the patterns.
QET still uses the standards available from Qt.

Hi b.w.v.leeuwen,

you could use type Custom dash line.

Revision: 5194
Author:   scorpio810
Date:     2017-12-30 00:13:35 +0100 (Sat, 30 Dec 2017)
Log Message:
-----------
Basic shape add new CustomDashLine style with
Dash Pattern (<< 10 << 10 );