Topic: snap package

Hello,

I packaged this great app as a snap package: https://github.com/ppd1990/qelectrotech-snap
The package is not yet published as the name "qelectrotech" is already registered.

If someone in this project already owns this name, we should work together to create an official release in the snap store.

If the current owner is not affiliated with this project, you should claim the name on the snap store and get it transferred to an official account.

Best regards
Max

Re: snap package

Hello Max,

thanks a lot for your qelectrotech.yaml snap packaging.  

I had started some time ago to study snap and prepared a trunk based snap package, but not time for and motivation to continued. 
I just removed it, if you could try to publish again?

Best regards,
Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by ppd 2019-06-14 20:06:09)

Bonsoir Laurent,

I guess that did not work: "The name 'qelectrotech' is reserved."

In general, I would advise to create an official "QElectroTech" account on snapcraft.io if you are interested in owning the snap package as a project.
As an intermediate solution you could also add me as a collaborator. I'd rather avoid publishing a package with a competing name like "qelectrotech-ppd".

I take it you own/owned the name with your personal Ubuntu account?

Cheers
Max

Hello Max

snapcraft --debug                 
Using 'snap/snapcraft.yaml': Project assets will be searched for from the 'snap' directory.
Launching a VM.
mount failed: Error enabling mount support in 'snapcraft-qelectrotech-dev'       
An error occurred with the instance when trying to mount with 'multipass': returned exit code 2.
Ensure that 'multipass' is setup correctly and try again.

Well, I see that next week.

Cheers,
Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I see. Your snap package is named "qelectrotech-dev" then, not "qelectrotech".

Can you tell me what your registered snap name is by visiting https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/ ?
Probably both qelectrotech and qelectrotech-dev, I presume?

Max

I register qelectrotech-dev, trunk is svn devel branch.

You could try to register an qelectrotech-devel or qelectrotech-ppd like you want and upload it for me?

You should claim the name qelectrotech for the project then.
We can publish trunk to the channel "edge" and releases to "stable".

Here is a great rundown of what's required to publish a snap package under a brand/umbrella/project account:

https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/creating-snap-store-brand-accounts/6271

I can probably use "qelectrotech-devel" in the meantime to get some testing going, but it'd be much preferred to stick to the real name of the project without any suffixes.

Have a great weekend
Max

The name qelectrotech isn't register by me.

Thanks Max.

I get that ;-)

I'm just advising you try registering it. Then the website will complain that it is already registered and ask you for proof that you have the rights to that name.

Naturally, you, as a project member, can provide such proof and thus get the name transferred to yourself.

What I would do, is the following:

1. Register the account "qelectrotech" on snapcraft.io/account

2. Try to register the snap name "qelectrotech" in this account
It will complain as described above and you will submit some proof as they require.

3. Add your own account as a "collaborator" to this "qelectrotech" account. You can add me too, if you trust me enough.

Then we can setup some auto build and publish new builds when trunk changes.

Thanks for your efforts Laurent!

800x311

11 (edited by ppd 2019-06-17 11:09:25)

Please use this link for registering: https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/register-snap/
It should display the form as in the attached screenshot.

https://qelectrotech.org/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=978&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot from 2019-06-15 12-53-05.png 116.55 kb, 111 downloads since 2019-06-15 

ppd wrote:

I get that ;-)

I'm just advising you try registering it. Then the website will complain that it is already registered and ask you for proof that you have the rights to that name.

Naturally, you, as a project member, can provide such proof and thus get the name transferred to yourself.

What I would do, is the following:

1. Register the account "qelectrotech" on snapcraft.io/account

2. Try to register the snap name "qelectrotech" in this account
It will complain as described above and you will submit some proof as they require.

3. Add your own account as a "collaborator" to this "qelectrotech" account. You can add me too, if you trust me enough.

Then we can setup some auto build and publish new builds when trunk changes.

Thanks for your efforts Laurent!

1, 2, 3 Done Max, if you can upload it for me?
That not working in my Debian machine.

Cheers,
Laurent

Marvelous, Laurent.

I will publish a first version into the edge channel and will then look into setting up auto build on updates to trunk.

Do you wish me to continue hosting the snap packaging on my Github account or do you have any official infrastructure on Github? I'll give you repo access nonetheless.

Max

14 (edited by ppd 2019-06-17 21:24:48)

Voilà:

https://snapcraft.io/qelectrotech

https://qelectrotech.org/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=981&download=0

I uploaded a few screenshots from the project gallery. Feel free to change pretty much everything in the listing.

Can you maybe set the correct licence for the snap? "GPLv2" or "GPLv2 or later", I presume?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot from 2019-06-17 21-20-55.png 554.64 kb, 103 downloads since 2019-06-17 

Nice, Max, thanks.

I set the correct licence.
Yes if you can continue hosting the snap packaging on your Github account It would help me, I 'm very busy in this moment.

Cheers,
Laurent

Laurent, would you tell me your Github account so I can add you to the repo?

https://github.com/scorpio810

Hello
Could you help me?
To the command

sudo snap install qelectrotech --edge

I get:

error: unable to contact snap store

Hi,

strange. Maybe a temporary problem, given that you have a working internet connection.

Can you give me the output of

snap version

Bust most likely it is/was a temporary problem on the store side

Cheers
Max

Hi Max,

seem's to download from channel "stable" for core:18, but restart to download from "edge"
Warning: /snap/bin was not found in your $PATH. If you've not restarted your session since you
        installed snapd, try doing that. Please see https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/9469 for more
        details.

qelectrotech (edge) 0.70-RC1~svn5923 from laurent trinques (scorpio) installed

laurent@debian:~$ snap version
snap    2.39
snapd   2.39
series  16
debian  10
kernel  5.0.21-vanilla

Hi Laurent,

did you just install snapd? If so, restarting your session should be enough to fix the $PATH issue.

Your $PATH should look something like this:

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/snap/bin:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin

echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/snap/bin:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin

Well, I think try it to my Kubuntu 19.04 Laptop.

Edit:[font=monospace]snap run qelectrotech [/font]
[font=monospace]
(qelectrotech:20318): dbind-WARNING **: 22:54:38.661: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory[/font]

[font=monospace][/font]

Looks good then. Does it run?

snap run qelectrotech

If you have a conflicting qelectrotech in your $PATH.

snap run qelectrotech

(qelectrotech:20318): dbind-WARNING **: 22:54:38.661: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory

Yes, but work on my Debian Sid. ;-)

QElectroTech V 0.70-RC1
Compilation : GCC 7.4.0 - built with Qt 5.9.5 - run with Qt 5.9.5 using 16 thread(s)

Librairies isn't latest, but work great.

25 (edited by ppd 2019-06-21 23:05:12)

Interesting.

/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids is in libdrm-common. I'll try to find out if that's something we need to fix.

The libraries are those of base: core18, i.e. Ubuntu 18.04. This is to provide a unified platform for snaps so they are easy to support on tons of systems.

Of course it'd be possible to compile & include newer Qt libraries, but that's considerably more work.