Topic: Two issues from a newbie: view of a device / multi-level terminal.

Hi QET Community,

I'm a QET newbie from Poland. We are mostly focused on home automation - design and realization.

For a long time I was looking after a software to help with the automation cabinets designs.
I'm really amazed with Your work! (Why I didn't hear about it before!?)

After some preparation I have two issues I can't find answer:

1. Is there a possibility to connect the device (for example switch) with the view of the device to get the common numbering on the schema and on the view of the cabinet?

2. Is there a way to define the terminal block generator to use the multi-level terminals?
We are mostly using such terminals: 
https://www.phoenixcontact.com/assets/images_pr/product_photos/large/72457_1000_int_04.jpg
Kind regards,
Dawid

Re: Two issues from a newbie: view of a device / multi-level terminal.

Hi Dawid,

to 1:
no, there is no way at the moment to link electric symbols with their thumbnail in the assembly drawing.

to 2:
the terminal block generator is still in a beta state and, as far as I know, there is no extra feature to manage multi-level terminals.
But you can display them as several one-level terminals, what they actually are!

Hi Nuri,
thanks for the answer.

1. Maybe a (temporary) solution would be to change an "element properties" of the view of a device to be the slave of a symbol (exact as it is with coil <-> contact). Need to check. 

2. Thought about the solution to use few single terminals to represent one multi-level terminal, but (I suppose) there will be a problem with the auto-numbering formula - there will be several terminals with the same name:
X1:1/1
X1:1/2
X1:1/3

Kind regards,
Dawid

Hi David,

Sorry I cant help with your problem.

What is make and model of the terminal blocks  in the picture?

Regards,
Trevor

Hi Trevor,

on the picture there are: Phoenix Contact model PT 4-PE/3L.

Kind regards,
Dawid