Topic: Numbering of elements

Hi, I have been using the software for a few days now. I want to understand logic on the auto-numbering of conductors and elements.

For example, I know I have not reach item 35, but everytime I create an element the index increments, even after I have deleted the part, the counter still goes up from the last count it reached. For ecample, I was trialing a few switches. This explains the process and how I end up with S35, without actually having any conductor or element at 33 and 34.

1st step: create a new switch. This automatically gets assigned S33
End step: create a new switch. This automatically gets assigned S34
Delete above 2 switches
Last step: create a new switch. This automatically gets assigned S35

The above scenario seem to apply to all elements and conductors. Is there a way for make new elements use smallest unassigned index? Or is there a way to check indices that have not been used?

Thanks for you help.

Re: Numbering of elements

Hi,

for the moment you need to decrement index in the rule if you delete item with auto-numbering.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by benio 2017-11-16 13:06:31)

Re: Numbering of elements

scorpio810 wrote:

Hi,

for the moment you need to decrement index in the rule if you delete item with auto-numbering.

Welcome.

Its woulde be very helpful feature when delete element numbering was decremented automatically.
Or its posible to add option renumerate automitacally all project.
PLease implement this feature.