Topic: qelectrotech.exe has stopped working

Qelectrotech.exe has stopped working after I drag dropped an element from QET Collection on to a diagram editor. This problem often occurs on all versions of the Qelectrotech.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2.jpg 548.27 kb, 171 downloads since 2017-05-07 

Re: qelectrotech.exe has stopped working

What do you say by " This problem often occurs on all versions of the Qelectrotech", 
You have tried all versions 0.5, 0.51-dev, 0.60-RC1+svn* and the probleme is the same?
Have you tried in other machine?
What Windows version? ReadyToUse or Installer QET version?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I use one PC with Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 1703  and qelectrotech-0.6-RC1+svn4955-WinXP-WinVISTA-win32-readytouse.
Before that I used: Installer_QElectroTech-0.5_x86_64-win64-1.
This problem occurs from time to time in these versions of QElectroTech.

4 (edited by unio 2017-05-12 04:15:36)

The qelectrotech-0.60-RC1+svn4955-x86-win32-readytouse.7z constantly stops working after I add a textfield.
This problem is reproduced on two computers with Windows 10 (64) 1703.

This is a video of the problem.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 3.jpg 358.73 kb, 157 downloads since 2017-05-12 

I have a similar problem:

in the schematic editor, when I drag&drop an element from my user collection on the drawing area and then very quickly right click the mouse, QET often crashes.

@ unio:
does the crash happen when you right click your mouse after inserting a text field?

6 (edited by unio 2017-05-12 13:35:45)

Nuri wrote:

does the crash happen when you right click your mouse after inserting a text field?

left click on the button "Add a textfield" - "left click" - "right click" - "left click" -  left click on the button "Add a textfield" - "left click" - crach.

@Unio : u can try with Qt 5.8 QET ReadyToUse ?, perhaps a Qt bug fixed after this very old Qt 5.5.1 version.

FYI, QET for Win XP and Vista is build on a Windows VM with Qt 5.5.1, other by cross-compil in my Debian Linux with latest Qt 5.8.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I just tried In Win 10 VM (16 threads + 8Go RAM) qelectrotech-0.6-RC1+svn4955-WinXP-WinVISTA-win32-readytouse I can't crash QET here.

9 (edited by unio 2017-05-13 05:12:17)

scorpio810 wrote:

@Unio : u can try with Qt 5.8 QET ReadyToUse ?, perhaps a Qt bug fixed after this very old Qt 5.5.1 version.

FYI, QET for Win XP and Vista is build on a Windows VM with Qt 5.5.1, other by cross-compil in my Debian Linux with latest Qt 5.8.

Every time I see this crash on versions: Installer_QElectroTech-0.60-RC1_x86_64-win64 + svn4955-1.exe and qelectrotech-0.60-RC1+svn4955-x86-win32-readytouse.7z with latest Qt 5.8.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 4.jpg 418.33 kb, 160 downloads since 2017-05-13 

10 (edited by unio 2017-05-13 23:51:51)

scorpio810 wrote:

I just tried In Win 10 VM (16 threads + 8Go RAM) qelectrotech-0.6-RC1+svn4955-WinXP-WinVISTA-win32-readytouse I can't crash QET here.

Did you press Ctrl + z?
This video shows the sequence of mouse and keyboard keystrokes:
qelectrotech.exe has stopped working 2

Nuri wrote:

I have a similar problem:

in the schematic editor, when I drag&drop an element from my user collection on the drawing area and then very quickly right click the mouse, QET often crashes.

@ unio:

Revision: 4959
Author:   blacksun
Date:     2017-05-13 18:01:47 +0200 (Sat, 13 May 2017)
Log Message:
-----------
In rare case in the diagram editor, when we add an element in the diagram and quickly click left, qet crash.
This commit try to avoid this crash, but without any certitude because the crash is very difficult to reproduce

unio wrote:
scorpio810 wrote:

Did you press Ctrl + z?
This video shows the sequence of mouse and keyboard keystrokes:
qelectrotech.exe has stopped working 2

Thank you for reporting this bug.
Fixing this bug need a lot of changes and time for check, but we prefer waiting 0.6 was released before working on it.