Topic: Floating toolbars show up on all desktops

I run QET on Plasma.
I normally have nine (3x3) desktops i can quickly switch between for different tasks.

I normally want program toolbars detached and placed at very top of screen, (most program top frame right part is just uninteresting grey area so let us use it!)  which means i get larger drawing area.

Problem: QET floating toolbars shows up on all desktops; also on top of other programs.

Workaround: I minimise QET before switching desktop.
 ( but that need one extra mouse click, oh, my...!   Other programs do not need be minimised for their toolbars not to show up on other desktops )

Anyway it is not looking polished and i was thinking maybe some developer know a quick fix to apply in QET, or for now maybe a setting user can do somewhere in Plasma?

Re: Floating toolbars show up on all desktops

I know plasma isn't perfect with many monitors than kde4 for the moment.
https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/ … lasma-5-7/
Now, I have only 27 " for work, but in the past I used two monitors and detach toolbars in other screen.

Sorry but I don't find the old video with two monitors.

Other thing with plasma, I can't use launcher icons on the taskbar, but is working well at my work with kde4.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Yes Plasma seem to be is work in progress like Qt... but this works for other programs like LibreOffice

I only have one monitor, but switch between 9 "virtual" desktops.
i.e when i move the mouse top left i see all nine laid out like 3x3 in miniature and can drag windows between them and click on one to go there.

Hum ...., are you sure this problem is on QET floating toolbars and not in yours VM or elsewhere?
QET floating toolbars need the main window to have focus to be visible!
Please, send a video !

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

I work with gnome shell 3.22 on debian, with two monitors (laptop 14" and external 24") for me everything work well, so I think the issue come from plasma.
This behavior is managed by Qt and the windows manager. (and may be other things)
I think you just have to wait, that the kde's dev fix this issue.

Are you sure you haven't got an option enable for QET like "always in current workspace" or "always on top" ?

Développeur QElectroTech

6 (edited by Morganol 2017-01-25 23:03:23)

OOPs your guess was correct:
did some system updates, reboot, and problem gone nomicons/smile

Now when i click anything outside QET or panels, the floating panels vanishes, and when i click QET main window they reappear - perfect. Launched in debug from QtCreator.

Plasma works rather well here but that was a hiccup.
Plasma 5.8.5, Qt 5.6.2 (LTS)  on Mageia 6 (in development)

Thanks for the quick replies nomicons/smile

nomicons/smile
Plasma Version 5.8.5

• KDE Frameworks 5.28.0

• Qt 5.7.1 (built against 5.7.1)

• The xcb windowing system