1 (edited by Calypso 2016-07-31 12:50:01)

Topic: Crasch Qelectrotech

Hello
have repeatedly crashes of Qelektrotech the draw and editor in the element. The problem has become worse since the start of Qelektrotech has become faster. Is there a possibility under Linux determine why.

Best regards

SteBo

Re: Crasch Qelectrotech

Hello,

what version number?

laurent@debian:~$ qelectrotech -v

0.51-dev+svn4598

Run qelectrotech command in terminal.

laurent@debian:~$ qelectrotech

Laurent

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by Calypso 2016-08-01 20:31:19)

Hello
I work at the moment with the version qelectrotech 051.r4595. Here is a snippet that has shown me Ubuntu after crasch.

Package
qelectrotech051.r4595-ubuntu1 (origin: LP-PPA-scorpio)
ProblemType
Crasch
Title
qelectrotech crashed with SIGSEGV in QGraphicsltem::pos()

I start qelectrotech normally on the icon

Best regards

SteBO

Hello,

if I add Ubuntu debug package in PPA, you know how to debug with gdb?

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~gilpin/tutorial/
https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/g … trace.html
https://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemnet … gdb_7.html

Edit : enabled debug packages on my PPA, just wait my future builds.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hello,
thanks for the reply, I'll read the dossier

BTW, or explain howto make this crash, thanks.

Hello this morning I had a crash again.
I have opened a project and draw a line, then I deleted the line but he was still visible. Then I went to save after a while was qelectrotech closed and there was Ubuntu an error message that qelektrotech closed unexpectedly.
In the error report which of (ThreadStackTrace) (StackTrace Address Signature)  (StacktraceTop) and (stack trace). Can you so maybe do something?

Best regards

SteBo

Ahh, you ask about basic shapes form, yes we know this little problem, but if you have a trace please send.

Hello,
the crashes come different. Sometimes when I open qelectrotech and wants to open a folder icon until nothing happens and then closes unexpectedly qelektrotech. Another time I have a symbol selected in a drawing after a while is qelektrotech closed. There are the Different states in which is qelektrotech automatically closed with me.

Best regards

What your Ubuntu version?

11 (edited by Calypso 2016-08-03 06:33:52)

My Ubuntu version is xenial (16.04) xfce with all updates until today

Best regards

Stebo

Calypso wrote:

Hello,
the crashes come different. Sometimes when I open qelectrotech and wants to open a folder icon until nothing happens and then closes unexpectedly qelektrotech. Another time I have a symbol selected in a drawing after a while is qelektrotech closed. There are the Different states in which is qelektrotech automatically closed with me.

Best regards

Strange I never see this problem, for me is a possible hardware problem, only QET crash or other program?

13 (edited by Calypso 2016-08-04 18:42:02)

Hello
Crashes are only available with qelectrotech. The problems have begun since start qelectrotech faster. After the start I could not get the icon folder to select only with delay as if qelectrotech had not yet started finished in the background. I will again install the stable version to compare it and then report back.

Best regards

Stebo

Hello,

it is possible to send a screencast when you start Qet?

Hello
because the problem is not always I will work every time with a qelectrotech sreencast make maybe help us continue that.

Best regards

Stebo

Hello

Ok, I understand that your problem is aleatory, right?

Best regards

Laurent

Hi, I have the same ploblem as Calypso: random crashes.
My personal computer uses Xubuntu 16.04 and at work I use windows 7. In both machines are random crashes, but never the project file has been corrupted.

Can I enable some verbose mode and when crashes post the log?

Regards.

Hi unalcalde,

on Ubuntu you could install qelectrotech-dbgsym_0.51.r* package in my PPA (debug package).

https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace

We know two little bug which can crash QET :

In diagram, selecting with mouse a area which contain elements, conductors, and basic shapes and delete selection  can provoke artifacts, and crash if you want to save or refresh view, without corrupt project.

In editor element : random crashes but we don't know how to reproduce it exactly.

Thanks. I'll try.

Now I am doing a python script to make bornes automatic like the bash script in this forum. It will be easy to use for windows users.
When I finish it, I'll post.

unalcalde wrote:

Thanks. I'll try.

Now I am doing a python script to make bornes automatic like the bash script in this forum. It will be easy to use for windows users.
When I finish it, I'll post.

Great !

21 (edited by Calypso 2016-09-22 22:32:41)

Hello,
have now been tested for some time and no longer had so many crashes. My guess after it hangs with Linux XFCE and the files Manager together because now sometimes crashes with other programs come.

Best regards