1 (edited by Calypso 2016-05-10 16:13:35)

Topic: problems with element DXF converter

Hello, I have with the element DXF converter tries DXF files, converts in ELMT files, but I can put anything. There are certain formats DXF or DXF versions with which it works.
Best regards

Re: problems with element DXF converter

Hello,
It works with any version in ascii file format
A binary dxf file needs to be opend With a cad program and the be exported as a ascii dxf file

Not al whats in a dxf file will be converted for the moment

Thar whats be converted is colored with an other background color

If posible you can send me the dxf file, then i can take a look at it to see whats the problem

Blocks in blocks are for this moment not converted
Regards

Hi Calypso,

I've reached good results by using QCAD.
Open your dxf file with QCAD. Explode all blocks. Convert splines, arcs and curves to polylines. Then the DXFto ELMT converter can work. But be carefull, converting splines, arcs and curves to polylines makes the dxf file much bigger. It should not become bigger than 1 or 2MB otherwise the converter will obviously crash.

Another workaround for big dxf files:
1. Print your dxf file as a pdf file in A4 format with QCAD. Before printing the pdf, scale your drawing so that it becomes really small on the A4 sheet (don't exceed about 2x2cm)
2. Open the pdf file and print it as a svg file (on GNU/Linux, this can achieved with Evince)
3. Open the svg file with Inkscape and save it as a dxf R14 file (while saving, the option LWPOLYLINE must be disabled in the "save as..." dialog)
4. Convert the dxf file to elmt with the converter

You will have some aliasing problems because of the many convertions but it doesn't really matter if your dxf file is really high detailed.

This way, I manage to reduce a 6MB dxf file (very high detailed) to less than 600KB.

Hello, have converted to SVG with the PDF creator the DXF file and it works with the element DXF Converter thanks. But I can insert only as an element in the drawing. Is there a possibility of the pure artwork from the DXF insert into the drawing.

Best regards

Calypso wrote:

But I can insert only as an element in the drawing. Is there a possibility of the pure artwork from the DXF insert into the drawing.

Best regards

Hello Calypso,

that easy, convert your DXF to SVG or other image format and insert into folio as image.

Best regards

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."