Topic: Zooming -

I did move it to a new topic.

scorpio810 wrote:
rvamerongen wrote:

For zooming, most of the time I use a 3D-Connection mouse.

Unfortunate a 3D-Connexion navigator is not really working, but do make use of the short cuts list for some actions.

Can you use your 3D mouse with QET, does it work?

Zooming in is more precise, and the mouse pointer arrow stay in the center of the zooming point then when with a trackpad. Meaning the object stays under the mouse pointer but zooms in and out.
With the buttons on the left side, I can step forward or backward in the folio tab's.

Some keystroke works with a radial menu, but other settings let QEletroTech quit without any notice; no saving or dialog, just gone. Not sure if it is a crash; nothing to see in the system log. SO I didn't bother to much about the Navigator.

The CTRL key isn't working on the Mac as it shouldn't; We use the Command key, that works fine on the iMac but not so good on the MBP>

QElectroTech V 0.100.0-dev - iMac macOS Monterey 12.6.3 - MacMini macOS Ventura

Re: Zooming -

Have you tried arm64 packages on M1, M2 APPLE, you can?

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

very interesting this documentation if we filter on MAC..

Qt.Key_Control    On Mac OS X, this corresponds to the Command keys.
Qt.Key_Meta    On Mac OS X, this corresponds to the Control keys. On Windows keyboards, this key is mapped to the Windows key.
Qt.Key_Alt    
Qt.Key_AltGr    On Windows, when the KeyDown event for this key is sent, the Ctrl+Alt modifiers are also set.

http://srinikom.github.io/pyside-docs/P … spectratio

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

For you the navigator is the 6-axes joystick?
If yes it need a lot of work and coding to integrate it in code, alone I don't feel capable of it at the moment....
It would be great if with the 3D-mouse joystick we could zoom and move without adding code

Already the linux to macOS switch is confusing, and I feel more comfortable under Kde and Linux to work..

I really have trouble with APPLE extended keyboard white, whose keys are hard to see, magic mouse 2 A1657 hum the multi-touch is terrible ...

but I'm forcing myself to get used to it but it's very confusing ...

On Linux I use M510 mouse and k545+ keyboard. with 2 monitors, I learn if I buying a Dual Monitor KVM Switch HDMI 2 Port 4K@30Hz,MLEEDA USB HDMI Extended Display Switcher for 2 Computers?

Hi, I got the spacemouse navigator and the CAD mouse.
Unfortunate I don’t have a arm system.

Hi rené nomicons/wink
with your spacemouse navigator can you zooming in/out and moving in QET?
I don't understand if you wrote is working or not, sorry.

I did get some movement; once; but was using the buttons with a shortcut key.

For my feeling, I see less use of the Spacemouse Knob in QET;
maybe moving a selection around on the folio. ( but then you have to click with the Mouse to select it, them move it around with the Navigator )
maybe rotate a selection but then it should do it in certain degree steps.
Zooming in and out; not really; zooming with a (CAD) mouse works great enough.
Folio rotation? No use for that.

Maybe the bigger Spacemouse navigators with more buttons and programmed; maybe nice for people who works every day with QET. Andt 3D in QET CAD?

Thank you for this information and advice, as I do not do 3D and I do not have a 3D printer so I do not play with CAD program.
The spacepilot pro is very complicated to learn and use for a 3D CAD novice like me.
I haven't had much time to use it and get used to it.

On the other hand the magic mouse 2 is a horror and painful to work in QET, zoom int/out is very so quickly, I didn't found for moving in diagram with this mouse: midle click and mouse moving.. Yes isn't a CAD mouse.
For navigation and office automation it is suitable, but not for CAD, it seems to me.

I am pleased with the CAD Mouse, works well. Also in QET.

Is the 3Dconnexion CAD mouse?
https://3dconnexion.com/fr/cadmouse/
https://3dconnexion.com/fr/product/cadm … -wireless/ hum  =/119€

Yes, I got the older model without the grooves at one side.

I use it also (with programmed keys); SketchUp, SK_Layout, kiCad, Fusion-365, Photoshop, two apps of my own. Of course you can use it as a normal mouse.

Thank you, that's what I should have bought instead of the magic mouse, well now that I have it I'll try to do with it, but I don't plan to make big diagrams with QET under MAC, it's just to check that it works pretty well.

For magic mouse you don't have middle click, and MagicPrefs software workaround is more than 5 years old now and is no longer mantained... If you know a FOSS alternative?

scorpio810 wrote:

Thank you, that's what I should have bought instead of the magic mouse, well now that I have it I'll try to do with it, but I don't plan to make big diagrams with QET under MAC, it's just to check that it works pretty well.

For magic mouse you don't have middle click, and MagicPrefs software workaround is more than 5 years old now and is no longer mantained... If you know a FOSS alternative?

Your welcome;
Are you using QET under Linux or...?
FOSS; Knows nothing about that and an alternative

FOSS: opensource  software
I use all days since 25 years Linux and I also working with QET on Linux, but now I try to improve QET on APPLE hardware, see : https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2393

scorpio810 wrote:

FOSS: opensource  software
I use all days since 25 years Linux and I also working with QET on Linux, but now I try to improve QET on APPLE hardware, see : https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2393

I saw the topic; because of that I....
I am saving too for an M2, actually waiting for an iMac 27" M2 to come available.