Topic: somebody to reactivate COBAN ?

hello,
under https://coban.tuxfamily.org/index.php?p … tion#linux there is some python code for power, resistivity loss and more.
It is not maintained no more, it seems.
Can somebody reactivate it? or is there some other FOSS alternativ?
Thanks
Lukas

Re: somebody to reactivate COBAN ?

Hello,

get sources here: https://download.qelectrotech.org/pycav … 2.0.tar.gz and try to compile it or hack code.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Monsieur Stephan Guérin n'est pas sur le forum, et inconnu ? Dommage.
Hacking, peut-être, mais quand je serais à la retraite et que j'aurais enfin le temps d'apprendre (mais peut-être que la tête n'y sera plus).

Hello alberts!

Free and OpenSource software is not only there to be used, but may and should even be improved or extended by yourself!

The sources of Coban can be rewritten to a runnable program without knowing how python works!
I don't know python, but nevertheless, with the help of the error messages and an internet search engine, I managed to get the program basically running on a current "Debian/GNU Linux unstable".

I was curious to see what the programme would do and in the process I also translated some texts into English with an online translator because my French is very bad.

Some things still don't work because some data is expected in files, but they don't exist, and/or Coban can't write them to a file. Some python knowledge may be necessary to fix this...

It's just a lot of work to get this stuff working again! You just have to want to do it and invest a little time! nomicons/wink

In the attachment you find my revised version of the program. I don't give any guarantee for it: Use it at your own risk!

Kind regards
plc-user

PS:
Please don't ask me any questions about Python!
I can't answer them anyway!  nomicons/wink

Post's attachments

Attachment icon coban_1.2.0+.tar.xz 418.83 kb, 58 downloads since 2022-08-31 

thanks for your encouragements..
my secret hope was that if some real programmer looks at it, and eventually has also konwledge of the routings within Qelectrotech, he would find an easy way to integrate it to QET :-)
no clue if there is a python/C converter.. or any QET 'api'? that would allow python executions in QET? 
:-) dumm user at best.