1 (edited by ntd 2021-11-22 12:53:31)

Topic: Shortcut for hiding conductor labels

Hi all,

first of all I want to thank you all for the project: drawing electrical schematics is quite a niche job and being able to rely on an opensource tool is a big relief.

I use qelectrotech infrequently, so I'm not that up to date with current dev status. Anyway it seems I'm losing too many time hiding wire labels, especially on common wires (see the attachment). The fact that this is rather convoluted and error-prone (actually I double-click on the wire, deselect two checkboxes and confirm) suggests me that I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Is this a common issue?

I read https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1937 but I did not understand if there is a shortcut or something else that can speed up this operation. If that is still issue (and I'm not alone) I would suggest to add a shortcut, e.g. using <backspace> when a label is selected, to toggle the visibility (in a similar way of what <space> does to rotate the label). Having just a "hide" action instead of a "toggle" action would be a huge benefit anyway, because in my workflow I often need to hide but I never have to show.

Post's attachments

hide-wire-labels.png, 37 kb, 1274 x 830
hide-wire-labels.png 37 kb, 119 downloads since 2021-11-22 

Re: Shortcut for hiding conductor labels

You can set the properties "Show one text per folio potential" in the section "conductor" of project properties dialog and folio properties dialog.

Développeur QElectroTech

Re: Shortcut for hiding conductor labels

Not quite what I was looking for, but it is far better than what I'm doing right now... and maybe I can get used to it.

Thank you for the hint, Joshua.