Topic: User collection directory

I am using manjaro linux. There is nothing in the AUR, but there is a SNAP. I am not familiar with SNAPs. What is the default user collection directory path? The Configure QElectroTech GUI does not list the current path, only "Default". I need a few objects that I created at home to go to my work.

Re: User collection directory

"Default" is normaly   ~/.qet/elements  directory.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

scorpio810 wrote:

"Default" is normaly   ~/.qet/elements  directory.

~/.qet does not exist. I used a snap, and have no idea how snaps work.

Maybe :

~/.snap/.qet/elements

User data
Much like system data, snaps can contain user data. In a manner similar to the COMMON and DATA environment variables owned and writable by root, there are also user-specific directories available. However, the user-specific directories will not be created until the specific user has run a snap for the first time.

SNAP_USER_COMMON – This directory maps to user data that is common across revisions of a snap. A typical path would be something like: /home/”username”/snap/”snap name”/common. It is not backed up or restored on snap operations.

SNAP_USER_DATA – This directory will contain any user data that the snap writes to its own home. This is in contrast to what the Linux user would consider their home. It is important to note this distinction, because it can be useful, and even important when users decide to perform maintenance operations with their snaps (like removal). A typical path would be: /home/”username”/snap/”snap name”/”revision”. By default, every snap will use a symlink current, pointing to the latest available revision.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

$ sudo find / -type d -name ".qet"
/home/keiljr/snap/qelectrotech/common/.qet
$ cd /home/keiljr/snap/qelectrotech/common/.qet/elements
$ ls -1
2-position_2-way_nc_sol_valve_return_spring.elmt
5-pin_pico_connector.elmt

Thank you for the hint scorpio810. I shared the diagnosis of how I found it.

You have also AppImage, just get and chmod +x .appimage to run QET
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/builds/AppImage/

Or Flatpak packages:
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1582

@keilmillerjr= thanks.