1 (edited by jgmdesigns 2021-08-18 14:57:15)

Topic: Changing the language for IEC 60617 folder in QET Collection

Hello All!
   First post in this forum so if I am not in the right spot I apologise.  I am trying to figure out how to change the language in the IEC 60617 elements folder to English s I am located in the USA.   Currently it is in what looks to be German(not sure), and I cannot for the life of me seem to find out how to change this to English.  All teh other Element folders are in English.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Jim

Edit:
Here is a partial screenshot of what I am looking to change to English:

Post's attachments

2021-08-18 08_56_06-Window.png, 36.72 kb, 396 x 695
2021-08-18 08_56_06-Window.png 36.72 kb, 166 downloads since 2021-08-18 

Re: Changing the language for IEC 60617 folder in QET Collection

Hello,

I think these elmt symbols isn't translated to English.
I saw de, fr and cs lang.

Example :

[14:58:09] laurent@debian:~/Qet-svn/git/qet/elements/10_electric/91_en_60617/en_60617_11/en_60617_11_18$ cat en_60617_07_11_18_10.elmt 
<definition type="element" version="0.70" height="50" link_type="simple" hotspot_x="42" width="50" hotspot_y="45">
    <uuid uuid="{900f6d4b-62e1-48d5-9d62-832826a66abc}"/>
    <names>
        <name lang="de">Kurvenfeuer, weiss, einseitig strahlend</name>
        <name lang="fr">Feu de virage, faisceau blanc et unidirectionnel
(en surface)</name>
        <name lang="cs">Světelné návěstidlo v zatáčce,
barva bílá a jednosměrný svazek</name>
    </names>
    <informations>Author: The QElectroTech team
License: see http://qelectrotech.org/wiki/doc/elements_license</informations>
    <description>
        <input rotate="true" y="25" tagg="label" size="9" x="5" text="_"/>
        <circle y="-40" antialias="false" x="-40" diameter="40" style="line-style:normal;line-weight:normal;filling:none;color:black"/>
        <rect y="-40" height="40" antialias="false" x="-5" width="10" style="line-style:normal;line-weight:normal;filling:white;color:white"/>
        <circle y="-35" antialias="false" x="-35" diameter="30" style="line-style:normal;line-weight:normal;filling:none;color:black"/>
        <polygon y1="-31" y2="-20" y3="-10" closed="false" x2="-35" antialias="false" x1="-10" x3="-10" style="line-style:normal;line-weight:normal;filling:none;color:black"/>
    </description>
</definition>

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok, so I have to wade through the entire folder searching for symbols?  That is very unfortunate, and inefficient.

Why would all the other folders be translated, and this one was left out as it seems to contain most of the elements used?

Very odd.  Is there a way that it can be changed?

Thank you for your help.

JIm

A volunteer can translate them and make a pull request on our Github.
It's long and painful work, you have to open each elmt and qet_directory file with a text editor to manually add the new translation in the lang tag.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

ICK!  Thats unfortunate.  Sigh.  Ok.  Thank you for the information.

JIm

Hi Jim,
if you know the part-number of the standard in combination with the chapter the editing should be very easy:
The element-files are named by part-number of the standard, chapter and consecutive number.

Your Screenshot showed some typos in the German translation, so I corrected them!
Additionally the screenshot shows that you do not use the current development-version in which many translations are added/corrected. The next development-release brings some english translations for the 60617-directory as well.

As Laurent already said: This is an Open-Source-Project from volunteers that is delivered for no costs!
So: Feel free to get involved and translate element- and/or directory-names.  nomicons/smile

plc-user wrote:

Hi Jim,
As Laurent already said: This is an Open-Source-Project from volunteers that is delivered for no costs!
So: Feel free to get involved and translate element- and/or directory-names.  nomicons/smile

A volunteer can translate them and make a pull request on our Github.

I have no idea what a pull request for Github is, nor do I use Github so with that said I would most likely do more damage, than good by "Getting Involved" as you suggested.

I understand that this software is Free of cost, and I appreciate the efforts by all, and I am in no way making light of the work involved.  I was simply asking if there was an English translation of the elements.  Since this site is primarily EU focused I can understand why there is not.

Cheers,
JIm

@Jim:
You can start here to learn about using GitHub: https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 712#p13712
Some developers and other members helped me getting involved in that thread.

But there is another way to getting started: You can edit the qet_directory- and element-files and upload them here in the elements-forum as ZIP-file.
Of course, it is easier for the maintainer if a pull request takes place on GitHub, but at the beginning a ZIP file is a possibility here in the forum.

Looking forward to seeing you support this project with your participation! nomicons/smile

9 (edited by OCLC 2021-09-20 23:41:06)

For information, I am working on adding English to the IEC 60617 collection in QET.
Edit (2021-09-20):  work done, see pull request #187 on GitHub.

OCLC wrote:

For information, I am working on adding English to the IEC 60617 collection in QET.

absolute bloody legend, can't thank you enough for all your hard work. definitely saves me doing it.

@OCLC: Thank you very much nomicons/+1

OCLC wrote:

I am sorry guys I am kind of new but how do I find the pull request #187 to be able to also translate my IEC 60617.

Thank you in advance!

https://github.com/qelectrotech/qelectr … r/pull/187

Thank you!