1 (edited by hfdax 2021-02-01 22:37:42)

Topic: [SOLVED] Ubuntu: Access denied on folders not owned by active user

Hello everyone.
I'm back
Having switched to ubuntu 20.04 (focal) with a clean install and after installing quelectrotech from snap I have the following problem.
From the application I can only access the home directory (and subdirs). trying to access the contents of any other unit I get the following response:
"could not read the content of mnt"
"error opening directory '/ mnt': permission denied.
In my system all drives are mounted in the / mnt folder which is owned by root but has set read permission to anyone.

QElectroTech V 0.7.0+git2.ccc43c816.snap

Re: [SOLVED] Ubuntu: Access denied on folders not owned by active user

Hi,

maybe try install PPA
https://launchpad.net/~scorpio/+archive … rotech-dev
https://qelectrotech.org/wiki_new/doc/i … ion_08-dev

Also https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/builds/AppImage/

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

3 (edited by hfdax 2021-01-27 21:37:52)

Thanks but both of the first 2 links you posted seem to be about v 8.0 PPAs.
I would have preferred to install 7.0 which is the stable one.

Bye

0.8  will be released soon.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

5 (edited by hfdax 2021-01-28 12:32:35)

Thank scorpio, I took your advice and Installed V0.8 following ttps://launchpad.net/~scorpio/+archive/ … otech-dev.
But it crash suddenly during work so maybe it's not yet enough stable for normal use. I lost an hour of work because I forgot to save him while I was doing it. And while I'm focused on the project, I easily forget to save. so I'd like to go back (at least for now) to V0.7 that was pretty stable for me on Ubuntu 16.04.
therefore is it correct to proceed as follows?

1) Remove V0.8 by:

apt-get remove qelectrotech qelectrotech-data qelectrotech-examples qet-tb-generator

2) edit the file /etc/apt/preferences.d/40qelectrotech-devel replacing "Pin: version 0.80. *" With "Pin: version 0.70. *"

3) Install quelectroteh 0.7 by:

apt-get install qelectrotech qelectrotech-data qelectrotech-examples qet-tb-generator 

6 (edited by Joshua 2021-01-28 19:31:16)

It's very strange you get a crash with the 0.8 dev, wich will be soonly released (so we think it's very stable) there is long time since somebody report a bug.

What did you do when Qet crash ? Can you reproduce this crash ?

Best regard.

Développeur QElectroTech

7 (edited by hfdax 2021-01-29 00:47:36)

I was highlighting a wiree in order to edit its properties. I clicked several times on the wire without it being highlighted and suddenly the program closed. However, the usual ubuntu window appeared that warned me of the crash and asked me if I wanted to transmit information about the operations in progress in the system at the time of the crash to the developers. Of course I answered yes.
however today I worked a little on the project without any crash. We'll see in the next few days.

Hello,
under settings you can activate the automatic backup in case you forget to save regularly.

Yours sincerely

Stebo

under settings you can activate the automatic backup in case you forget to save regularly.

Done.

Thank you.

BTW, you could use AppImage is very easy :
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 8388#p8388

Hi.
I have been working on 0.8 for the past 4 days. just a crash. But I didn't lose anything thanks to the autosave.
All in all not bad.
I have some other clarification to ask on which I will open dedicated topics.
I would say that's all.
Thank you guys.