Topic: How to create fancy elements?

Hello

I would like to create elements with its colours, etc, such the yellow emergency stop label
Red main switch, red emergency stop mushroom...
Ive seen some examples at the elements collection, but when I try to modify them then the colours just disapears and I don't find where is possible to do it
How can I create fancy elements?
I guess this post would be related with my previous post about rotate texts in elemenys (!= 90º steps) I mean
Thank you

Re: How to create fancy elements?

Hello jponsa59,

as achim and I already found out and posted in the German part of this forum, the element-editor seems to be broken at the moment.
Have a look here
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 549#p13549
and here
https://qelectrotech.org/forum/viewtopi … 575#p13575

Best regards
  plc-user

Fixed.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

4 (edited by lowVoltage 2020-12-22 19:39:36)

This question seems too foolish to ask, but where/how may I open the Elements Editor to create a new element?

I have experienced the Elements Editor a small bit by editing an existing element, but I find no way to open the editor other than by editing an an existing element.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or guidance.

As a "workaround", I was able to do this successfully:

In the User Collections folder (/home/myUser/.qet) I created a text file (try.elmt) with no content and the element extension (.elmt).

I then opened the newly-created try.elmt in the QeT editor.
I was able then to "save-as" the desired name for my new element and work normally in the editor to created the desired content.

This method is OK with me, as it is a simple methodology and the result is as desired.

Is there perhaps a more straight-forward, more effective way to do this?

https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/m … older.html
https://download.qelectrotech.org/qet/m … ement.html

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

lowVoltage wrote:

This question seems too foolish to ask, but where/how may I open the Elements Editor to create a new element?

I have experienced the Elements Editor a small bit by editing an existing element, but I find no way to open the editor other than by editing an an existing element.

In the User Collections folder (/home/myUser/.qet) I created a text file (try.elmt) with no content and the element extension (.elmt).

I was able then to "save-as" the desired name for my new element and work normally in the editor to created the desired content.

This method is OK with me, as it is a simple methodology and the result is as desired.

+1 for this too.

When you open the program, you should have the collections tab available.
If not, go to:

Settings-> Display

and enable

Collections

After that, you right-click on

User Collections

and select

New element

Hope that's what you looking for.

Ahmad_mohsen wrote:
lowVoltage wrote:

+1 for this too.