1 (edited by sol 2012-10-06 14:13:42)

Topic: Some questions from a new user

Greetings from Norway

Firstly I want to thank you for making this program! I have been looking for this kind of program on the Linux platform for quite a while.

Currently I'm using it for an education as electrician to draw some quite simple diagrams.

Questions/Suggestions:
- Is it possible or planned to include images in diagrams?
- Is it possible or planned to use images in the element editor, for instance adding terminals to an image?
- I'm making some symbols for applications in domestic and industrial use in Norway. As I'm not aware of the symbol/element policy for Queltrotech (I don't understand french), I'm interested to know if there are som guidelines in symbol drawing I should follow in order to maybe make a library for "norwegian" domestic and industrial use.

Re: Some questions from a new user

sol wrote:

Greetings from Norway

Firstly I want to thank you for making this program! I have been looking for this kind of program on the Linux platform for quite a while.

Welcome sol .

sol wrote:

Currently I'm using it for an education as electrician to draw some quite simple diagrams.

Woaw ;-)

sol wrote:

Questions/Suggestions:
- Is it possible or planned to include images in diagrams?
- Is it possible or planned to use images in the element editor, for instance adding terminals to an image?

No, it is not possible at this time, perhaps in à future revision !

sol wrote:

- I'm making some symbols for applications in domestic and industrial use in Norway. As I'm not aware of the symbol/element policy for Queltrotech (I don't understand french), I'm interested to know if there are som guidelines in symbol drawing I should follow in order to maybe make a library for "norwegian" domestic and industrial use.

http://qelectrotech.org/wiki/en/doc/elements_guidelines

You can upload your symbols if you want, I will add them .

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."