Topic: Using "project properties" in textfields

QElectroTech (v.07) offers the possibility to declare userdefined project properties (dialog "Project->Project Properties, register "General"). Those can so be found in the .qet-file in the <properties>-area.

Is it possible to use these properties in textfields placed on several (but not all) folios?

Or - even better - is it possible to use them in the [Insert link]-function in the "Advanced Editor" for textfields?
The goal is to implement either a textual link or a hyperlink to some files outside QElectroTech.

Re: Using "project properties" in textfields

Or - even better - is it possible to use them in the [Insert link]-function in the "Advanced Editor" for textfields?
The goal is to implement either a textual link or a hyperlink to some files outside QElectroTech.

Hi,
see these videos,  hyperlink work only when you save to PDF and open with an PDF reader:

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

Hi Laurent,
there i only can insert fast URLs. If i have several links in one QElectroTech-project it would be fine to compose the URLs from a fixed part and a variabel part (i. e. from a project-property-variable). In that way i only have to change at one place in the project if the link was moved.
Is there a way to acheive this?

Hi Joelas,

I think no, %variables used in project are only on  plain text while text edited by the "Advanced Editor" are converted to HTML text, this is why in this editor you can insert images, Hyperlinks, or HTML tables.

But if you have found a hack or a workround, I will be very interested.

"Le jour où tu découvres le Libre, tu sais que tu ne pourras jamais plus revenir en arrière..."

When the file is closed, use another tool to search and replace?

sed 's|/your/old/part/of/path/|/your/new/part/of/path/|' <old.qet >new.qet

Or is it encoded some way that may wreck that idea?

Hi there,
Morganol`s idea looks like a promising workaround, i will follow this up....
Thanks a lot to both Laurent and Morganol!

Greetings from Norway,

Joel